• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bolts for rear mounted vintage pickups

Jennings

Long shot perhaps, but anyone know a source of suitable bolts for rear mounted pickups? In my case I’ve got an EH-100 lap steel, and the two mounting/height adjusting bolts (which screw in from the rear) are bent, resulting in a wonky pickup. Anyone know any suitable replacements, or got any straightening tips?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Long shot perhaps, but anyone know a source of suitable bolts for rear mounted pickups? In my case I’ve got an EH-100 lap steel, and the two mounting/height adjusting bolts (which screw in from the rear) are bent, resulting in a wonky pickup. Anyone know any suitable replacements, or got any straightening tips?

Why can't you just buy new ones? :hmm

Jennings

Why can't you just buy new ones? :hmm

I’m open to that if I can straighten these or get a decent period part...I’ll take one out and measure it. Im in he U.K., so finding the right size (imperial) with a countersunk flathead can be tricky these days.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I’m open to that if I can straighten these or get a decent period part...I’ll take one out and measure it. Im in he U.K., so finding the right size (imperial) with a countersunk flathead can be tricky these days.

If you don't have any luck, email me in two weeks [when I return home from vacation].
I have two EH-100s and I can pull a screw and try to match it. You might have to live with new ones and "age" the heads. Not much shows. :salude

Jennings

If you don't have any luck, email me in two weeks [when I return home from vacation].
I have two EH-100s and I can pull a screw and try to match it. You might have to live with new ones and "age" the heads. Not much shows. :salude

Chees Tom, you're a star! Hope the vacation is relaxing and fun in equal measure! I've just had a go at a tentative effort to straighten the existing bolts with a vice, some nuts and a hammer. They're not perfect, but they are straighter without significant thread damage. I don't want to go overboard and risk ruining them. By adjusting the mounting bracket assembly to accommodate I have got a fairly good fitting (unlike before). Looks like I might get by without replacing.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Chees Tom, you're a star! Hope the vacation is relaxing and fun in equal measure! I've just had a go at a tentative effort to straighten the existing bolts with a vice, some nuts and a hammer. They're not perfect, but they are straighter without significant thread damage. I don't want to go overboard and risk ruining them. By adjusting the mounting bracket assembly to accommodate I have got a fairly good fitting (unlike before). Looks like I might get by without replacing.

Let's hope that works good enough! :salude

renderit

Be careful my friend.

'Nuts' and a 'hammer' are three words which should not be in the same sentence.

Particularly if it starts with 'Hold my beer'.

wmachine

Be careful my friend.

'Nuts' and a 'hammer' are three words which should not be in the same sentence.

Particularly if it starts with 'Hold my beer'.

Truer words.......

But he may have to bang his nuts if he's going to get it straight for screwing. That's my understanding.

Jennings

Truer words.......

But he may have to bang his nuts if he's going to get it straight for screwing. That's my understanding.

I find it helps to start slow and gentle before working up a frenzy of course 😂