The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Bolts for rear mounted vintage pickups

    Long shot perhaps, but anyone know a source of suitable bolts for rear mounted pickups? In my case Iíve got an EH-100 lap steel, and the two mounting/height adjusting bolts (which screw in from the rear) are bent, resulting in a wonky pickup. Anyone know any suitable replacements, or got any straightening tips?

  2. #2
    Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lost in the Ozarks [again]
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bolts for rear mounted vintage pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennings View Post
    Long shot perhaps, but anyone know a source of suitable bolts for rear mounted pickups? In my case Iíve got an EH-100 lap steel, and the two mounting/height adjusting bolts (which screw in from the rear) are bent, resulting in a wonky pickup. Anyone know any suitable replacements, or got any straightening tips?
    Why can't you just buy new ones?
    Pauls to the walls!

    HŁter der Flammen!

    PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

  3. #3

    Re: Bolts for rear mounted vintage pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wittrock View Post
    Why can't you just buy new ones?
    Iím open to that if I can straighten these or get a decent period part...Iíll take one out and measure it. Im in he U.K., so finding the right size (imperial) with a countersunk flathead can be tricky these days.

  4. #4
    Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lost in the Ozarks [again]
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bolts for rear mounted vintage pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennings View Post
    Iím open to that if I can straighten these or get a decent period part...Iíll take one out and measure it. Im in he U.K., so finding the right size (imperial) with a countersunk flathead can be tricky these days.
    If you don't have any luck, email me in two weeks [when I return home from vacation].
    I have two EH-100s and I can pull a screw and try to match it. You might have to live with new ones and "age" the heads. Not much shows.
    Pauls to the walls!

    HŁter der Flammen!

    PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

  5. #5

    Re: Bolts for rear mounted vintage pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wittrock View Post
    If you don't have any luck, email me in two weeks [when I return home from vacation].
    I have two EH-100s and I can pull a screw and try to match it. You might have to live with new ones and "age" the heads. Not much shows.
    Chees Tom, you're a star! Hope the vacation is relaxing and fun in equal measure! I've just had a go at a tentative effort to straighten the existing bolts with a vice, some nuts and a hammer. They're not perfect, but they are straighter without significant thread damage. I don't want to go overboard and risk ruining them. By adjusting the mounting bracket assembly to accommodate I have got a fairly good fitting (unlike before). Looks like I might get by without replacing.

  6. #6
    Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Lost in the Ozarks [again]
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bolts for rear mounted vintage pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennings View Post
    Chees Tom, you're a star! Hope the vacation is relaxing and fun in equal measure! I've just had a go at a tentative effort to straighten the existing bolts with a vice, some nuts and a hammer. They're not perfect, but they are straighter without significant thread damage. I don't want to go overboard and risk ruining them. By adjusting the mounting bracket assembly to accommodate I have got a fairly good fitting (unlike before). Looks like I might get by without replacing.
    Let's hope that works good enough!
    Pauls to the walls!

    HŁter der Flammen!

    PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

  7. #7
    Les Paul Forum Member renderit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9,381

    Re: Bolts for rear mounted vintage pickups

    Be careful my friend.

    'Nuts' and a 'hammer' are three words which should not be in the same sentence.

    Particularly if it starts with 'Hold my beer'.


  8. #8
    Les Paul Forum Member wmachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    144

    Re: Bolts for rear mounted vintage pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    Be careful my friend.

    'Nuts' and a 'hammer' are three words which should not be in the same sentence.

    Particularly if it starts with 'Hold my beer'.
    Truer words.......

    But he may have to bang his nuts if he's going to get it straight for screwing. That's my understanding.
    "I am the kind of guy that only buys 100 watt heads just to play at home. I feel like if an amp can't kill a heard of cattle 100 yards away what is the point of owning it."

  9. #9

    Re: Bolts for rear mounted vintage pickups

    Quote Originally Posted by wmachine View Post
    Truer words.......

    But he may have to bang his nuts if he's going to get it straight for screwing. That's my understanding.
    I find it helps to start slow and gentle before working up a frenzy of course 😂

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Scroll Down And Click On All Of Our Sponsors' Logos For Their Websites!






i