• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Sandy heads to China

Such a stunning, unique guitar.
Mason must be a very happy man.
Maybe he'll bring Sandy over to Hong Kong to visit.
(I can always hope.....)

garywright

I’m sure this has been asked before but what happened to the slug side bobbin on the bridge pup ? ..looks like it was drilled then filled w/wax ?

duaneflowers

I’m sure this has been asked before but what happened to the slug side bobbin on the bridge pup ? ..looks like it was drilled then filled w/wax ?

I'm not sure if those are the original pups for Sandy... thought I read they were replaced somewhere along the line...

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner

Mere speculation:

I have heard that when rewinding Fender bobbins the bobbin is held by a pin at that location.
So … rewound bobbin that was made to fit the convenient winder?
Old photos of Jeff show it with a double black in the bridge.
Somewhere it changed before I got it.
The double zebra look has been a cool thing for decades.

:hmm

:2cool

garywright

Thanks for that info Tom and you’re right, originally it had a double black bridge w/zebra neck ...Jeff had removed the covers after getting it from the original owner.

fretwire

Fun fact about Sandy...(for me anyway). Believe it or not, that guitar was the reason I started playing Les Pauls. I saw Jeff (Facedancer) multiple times back in the day and I loved that guitar and his tone. Funny when I joined this forum this very guitar shows up...small world indeed.

Congrats to buyer and seller. I remember years ago Tom had mentioned his burst collection could essentially be his 401K...thinking about jogging that retirement machine Tom? :)

F-Hole

Crazy top on that guitar, and the refinish work on the neck looks better in person than in the photos (can’t remember if it was an overspray or total refin).

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Congrats to buyer and seller. I remember years ago Tom had mentioned his burst collection could essentially be his 401K...thinking about jogging that retirement machine Tom? :)

Unfortunately, the taxes are far higher than a 401K. I just found out I will owe another 3.8% because I'm old! So, it's almost 40%! :bigal

sws1

Unfortunately, the taxes are far higher than a 401K. I just found out I will owe another 3.8% because I'm old! So, it's almost 40%! :bigal

:dang:dang:dang
I thought collectibles were taxed at 25%.

KOTR

This thread needs some more pics. These all came from Guitar Shop Taiwan's web site. Many more there: https://www.guitarshoptaiwan.com/pages/les-paul-91228-sandy?fbclid=IwAR3m5O84_RL3Q2IULxfVdQNds1ofJhWAOIdkENrQPTgrjIwYYYEiDEKI_V4

3799455.jpeg

3799456.jpeg

3799458.jpeg

3799459.jpeg

3799463.jpeg

3799485.jpeg

3799501.jpeg

hoss

Is it on sale at this Taiwanese Guitar Store?

goldtop0

Federal Capital Gains taxes are 28%. My state adds 6% and Medicare adds 3.8%. So 37.8% total for me. :dang

Jeez Tom the authorities really slug you over there........luckily here we don't have any form of tax when selling our personal items......no capital gains tax as such.

Doc Sausage

The Medicare thing blows me away. The piling on of layers of re-taxation without representation brought about one war, maybe it’s time for another. :dang