• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Early Danocasters?

fakejake

Hi there,
Does anybody have experience with Danocasters, especially early ones (mid to late 2000s, still with the Fender - shaped headstock)?
I'm looking at a one of his Teles from that era, but I'm quie surprised about the price (Fender CS territory, but still less than a Nachocaster).
Are these worth their money?
Cheers! :salude

sonar

Almost bought one around ‘99-‘00, but passed. It didn’t seem that much better than a CS I dumped prior. They were cheaper than CS back then, if memory serves. I was pretty fed up with non-vintage Strats at that point, so that was a factor.

I can understand paying a premium for new Gibson, but I never saw a lot of extra value with a premium, non-vintage Strat or Tele, Fender or not.

fakejake

Thanks Sonar for your input, you make a very good point!
At least in terms of the aging, to me the Danocasters look better than almost any Fender CS I've seen, and better than most other companies offering Fender style guitars. Nachocasters are an exception, but they are almost twice the money.