The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Thread: Shenanigans!

Shenanigans!

Touring the internet I stumbled upon what is called a "Vintage Gibson Les Paul 59' Burst Restoration." Here's the link:

https://www.gbase.com/gear/gibson-le...herry-sunburst

I had posted this in the '52-'60 section, but it was promptly (and correctly) removed.

It could go in the "1961-1969" section, but it could go in the "Cool Non Gibson" section too...but it's only about 1/1000 of a 1961 LP. It's 999/1000 non Gibson and not very cool. I cannot figure out where to put it, so I'll try here in the Backstage Area.

Discuss.

Les Paul Forum Member thin sissy's Avatar

Re: Shenanigans!

Quote Originally Posted by brandtkronholm View Post
    Touring the internet I stumbled upon what is called a "Vintage Gibson Les Paul 59' Burst Restoration." Here's the link:

https://www.gbase.com/gear/gibson-le...herry-sunburst

I had posted this in the '52-'60 section, but it was promptly (and correctly) removed.

It could go in the "1961-1969" section, but it could go in the "Cool Non Gibson" section too...but it's only about 1/1000 of a 1961 LP. It's 999/1000 non Gibson and not very cool. I cannot figure out where to put it, so I'll try here in the Backstage Area.

Discuss.
    I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw it described as a restoration .
    This is a song from the new album, it's a deep meaningful song this one... No, it's not whiskey in the fucking jar... Philip Lynott

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar

Re: Shenanigans!

Looks like fraudulent advertising to me. There's nothing 1959 about it, and besides a [supposed] Gibson pearl logo, there is nothing Gibson about it.
    I pity anyone who falls for this.
    Gbase should consider taking it down.
    Pauls to the walls!

Hüter der Flammen!

PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com