• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: 2019 Gibson Custom 1964 SG

CAGinLA

Just got this bad mama-jama today...haven't had a chance to take my own pics yet, but here she is...

2019 Gibson Custom 1964 SG.

Really nice looking and sounding guitar, weighing in at 6 lbs, 14 oz.

I though maybe the neck would be a bit chunkier, as this has a supposedly larger neck carve from the '61/'62 RI, but it actually doesn't feel much chunkier from other Custom Shop SGs I have owned. Maybe a little thicker at the 12th fret?

Even though I generally prefer thick neck carves, I'm not complaining; the guitar has plenty of resonance and the neck feels more stable than some of my previous SGs.

8PwOLRkl.jpg

oZ3yybdl.jpg
dxVzaXQl.jpg

Mr. Legit

Happy NGD, I am glad to see someone has finally posted about these! They are selling out everywhere!

Just got this bad mama-jama today...haven't had a chance to take my own pics yet, but here she is...

I though maybe the neck would be a bit chunkier, as this has a supposedly larger neck carve from the '61/'62 RI, but it actually doesn't feel much chunkier from other Custom Shop SGs I have owned. Maybe a little thicker at the 12th fret?

Even though I generally prefer thick neck carves, I'm not complaining; the guitar has plenty of resonance and the neck feels more stable than some of my previous SGs.

8PwOLRkl.jpg

oZ3yybdl.jpg
dxVzaXQl.jpg

CAGinLA

Happy NGD, I am glad to see someone has finally posted about these! They are selling out everywhere!

Thanks! I am very happy with it so far. I have to say that, aside from how well it plays and sounds, the color really looks great in person - the pics I posted don't capture it properly.

Mr. Legit

Thanks! I am very happy with it so far. I have to say that, aside from how well it plays and sounds, the color really looks great in person - the pics I posted don't capture it properly.

Take some cool photos outside! I was at NAMM, and this was easily my favorite guitar there! I cannot wait to get mine! I hope it brings you many years of joy!

CAGinLA

Take some cool photos outside! I was at NAMM, and this was easily my favorite guitar there! I cannot wait to get mine! I hope it brings you many years of joy!

Thanks - I hope the same for you with your new one!

rockabilly69

After a few mis-starts with SGs (my first ones were badly balanced with neck dive), I finally found a great one (Historic Special P90s), and then another right after that (Dave's Guitar Limited with Humbuckers). So they have become some of my favorite guitars, and that one you've got is a real looker. If it sounds half as good as it looks, you've got a winner on your hands. Love that color! Gibson is really killing it this year! Congrats!!!

renderit

THAT is a proper SG!

While I am no fan of whammy sticks It looks right!

And probably helps the balance.

Awesome beasty!

CAGinLA

Still the honeymoon period, but I am quite satisfied with the looks, feel and sound on this one, I am happy to say.

This is the 15th SG I have owned (5 of which have been Custom Shop, 9 Gibson USA, and 1 vintage Jr). I think this is quite easily the best one I have owned and feels most like the vintage ones I have played in stores.

The Maestro break angle is nearly perfect (just a hair high on the high E side, but not a deal breaker), which is something I am a stickler about. Tuning has been pretty solid so far, now that I have stretched out the strings. I suspect that if I took the Maestro off there might be a little neck dive, as the neck carve is slightly beefier than your typical SG.

This is the first SG I have had with nylon saddles - I've owned some Memphis 335's with them, though, and on this guiter they seem a little less plinky - maybe it's the Maestro that makes a difference?

I will try to do a video this weekend.

deytookerjaabs

However you feel about the guitar...if I had to make a dealer pamphlet yours would be the cover model, good gawd. Congrats!

Blues Bird

8PwOLRkl.jpg

oZ3yybdl.jpg
dxVzaXQl.jpg

Nice guitar! So after the honey moon is long gone, I guess, what's the word? Do you still enjoy it? What do you think of the pickups?

PabloHarlem

I saw one just like it on Reverb this week.....I want so badly but I don't have $3,850....... CONGRATS!!!

The custom shops have much richer color.