• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Special Double Cut Figured Top

goldTopDeluxe

So has anybody got one of these yet - or care to share their experience with one?

https://www.gearnews.com/gibson-custom-shop-debuts-les-paul-special-double-cut-figured-top/

Usually, (not always) anything Gibson (or most other brands) that deviate from the classic designs don't do that much for me.
But when I first saw this - I loved it. It looks hot and the design concept makes total sense to me.

I have not seen much info on the internet on what these are like. CME has one youtube clip - but its played with too much gain and distortion.
Would love to see some cleaner sounds.

I'm in Melbourne Australia, and chances are slim I'll even see one in person here down under.

So I'll need to live vicariously through others.

LPR6

I’m interested in these too. I was looking for a light weight Les Paul with humbuckers. CME has a few of these. They look great but the price gave me second thoughts. I have not seen one or played one.

jrgtr42

Looks cool, but I think Gibson is killing themselves on the price points on these non-traditional models.
This, the Modern Classic... Custom shop or no, no one is buying at those prices. For a Gibson, it's all about the Reissues. Anything else, they'll go to a small-name luthier and get at least as good a guitar (probably better) for $4k plus.
If they were to bring these in at a grand, $1500 tops, they'd do pretty well. Same with the Modern Classic from a couple years ago.

goldTopDeluxe

Looks cool, but I think Gibson is killing themselves on the price points on these non-traditional models.
If they were to bring these in at a grand, $1500 tops, they'd do pretty well.

Agreed on both points. I don't know what it is like in North America, but I'm guessing these will not sell well and whatever stock is left from retailers may get reduced in price just to move stock? This is when I wish they were more accessible outside the US.