• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joe B playing Alvin L....

Ed A

Damn!.... great to see that iconic guitar in Joe's hands... of course he makes it sound like the whisper and hammer of the gods all in one moment... I read some guy today said that Joe needs to branch out and should play more like Steve Morse.... WTF!!!!!!!!.... You wanna hear Steve Morse, go fucking listen to Steve Morse!.... I guess its jealousy or the 'tear the guy down who is on top' syndrome... but we are so fortunate to be able to experience this type of inspired musical prowess in our lifetime and have it be played on so many iconic instruments.... But I digress...

marshall1987

Killer video. I think these early to mid-sixties block-neck ES-335s are vastly underrated and perhaps underpriced. This isn't the same guitar Alvin Lee played at Woodstock is it?

Ed A

I believe its a '59 with the replaced block neck....

El Gringo

Joe B. Is the real deal and we are so lucky to have him gracing us with his tone and chops and I can hear some EC and some BB as well in the clip posted above on Alvin Lee Ten years guitar . Great Job Joe !

sonar

No idea what the Steve Morse comment has to do with anything, but people are allowed to form their own opinions. Joe B. isn't everybody's cup of tea.

Gold Tone

Interesting to see that iconic guitar played by someone with a completely different style to Alvin Lee’s. Once played by a man, a virtuoso rooted in jazz...now straight up blues playing by a straight up blues player. Quite a dichotomous expression and feel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5k9WJRg3Dc

Last edited: