• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bumblebees real or painted

Billyblues

2 weeks ago I was in Chicago at Chicago Music Exchange. One of the sales guys told me the new custom shop reissues have real bumblebee capacitors. Where in past years they used other capacitors and painted stripes on it. Is this true?

El Gringo

Now Gibson is using real paper in oil caps , where previous to 2019 they were using mylar caps , both are painted in the bumble bee striped pattern with the paper in oil caps have that soldered end that you can see in photos at the one end of the cap .

Billyblues

Hey thanks for the info, new to the forum and I am loving talking les Paul's. I'm sure I will have more questions. Thanks again!

StevieTX

On a personal level, having the caps look like originals doesn't do anything for me. Nice to have a better cap, though.
The best sounding caps I've ever used in a guitar are the original yellow Hovland Musicaps. Have them in a few axes. Should have bought more, when they were still available.