• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD!!

KennyCatbox

Here she is...my 1st Les Paul! It's been a 5 month search, trying dozens and dozens of new and used LPs, from Traditionals to Standards to Custom Shop Reissues; and posting many threads here with all sorts of inquiries...
So thank you all for your feedback, wisdom, and advice...
Didn't set out to buy a Gold Top, but, as they say, she chose me.
And what a beast. Great chunky neck and killer tone...a 2007 R7 VOS (fitting since it's my 50th birthday present to myself!
20190507_180515.jpg
20190507_192414.jpg

J T

Orange and gold.

Great color combination

:jim

Musicman

Nothing like a classic GT to rock your world. Congrats! :dude:

CatManDoo88

Congrats Kenny! Since we both joined the forum at the same time and were both looking for first Les Pauls (which it seems we both bought as self-birthday presents), I'm glad to see that you finally found your Lester! It's funny how the guitar chooses you. I thought I was going to buy the new Gibson USA 60s Standard in Iced Tea, but I ended getting a CS9 instead. I'm now a 59 neck profile convertee.

KennyCatbox

Congrats Kenny! Since we both joined the forum at the same time and were both looking for first Les Pauls (which it seems we both bought as self-birthday presents), I'm glad to see that you finally found your Lester! It's funny how the guitar chooses you. I thought I was going to buy the new Gibson USA 60s Standard in Iced Tea, but I ended getting a CS9 instead. I'm now a 59 neck profile convertee.
Nice! Congrats! Did u post pics?

CatManDoo88

Nice! Congrats! Did u post pics?

Yep, my search ended quicker than yours. Here is my thread, it's about a month old:

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?211129-NGD-2015-CS9-Les-Paul-Standard

Since my inspiration for getting a Les Paul was Clapton and British Blues, I Grover'ed it and swapped out the Custombuckers for OX4 Beanos right out of the gate.

By the way, 2007 VOS 2007 Goldtops have Mark Agnesi's seal of approval. His number one guitar is one, which his wife bought him new for Christmas (skip to 2:56 in the video):

So you are in good company on your choice.

DANELECTRO

Congratulations on the NGD. My first Historic in 2003 was also an R7, which I bought because it was less expensive than an R8. I still have it and its a wonderful guitar, however it is what got me started collecting Historic Reissue Les Pauls (the total number of which is classified information :hee), so be forewarned; this may just be the beginning. :)