• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

George Benson Hot Rod Deluxe and Peavey Question

ricklmf

I have been offered a George benson Hot Rod Deluxe. Never heard of his name being attached to one but there it is. I already have Deluxe Reverb RI. Do i need or want the George Benson for 550.00 and mint. I also wanted a small yet powerful non tube app to carry around to practice. Found a pristine Peavey Nashville 112. Then I found out it was for steel guitars. Sounds good though. Anyone have any advice or info on either one? I will probably keep the Peavey, but wonder about the George Benson. BTW the Peavey made in the US. I was amazed.

sonar

I was never a fan of the Hot Rod Deluxe, but it's one of Fender's all-time best sellers, so go figure. Clean is ok, dirty is not, and the volume knob acts as a 2 way switch (quiet/cranked) with no taper. The Benson model comes in a pine cab, which is nice. The other mods from stock are a lower gain preamp tube in V1 and a more efficient speaker. The price you mentioned is very good...

overall your Deluxe Reverb Reissue is a better mousetrap, imo.

Can't comment directly on the Peavey, but I wouldn't let a lap steel designation deter you if you like how it sounds.