• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Nashville Made 2019 ES335's

Hollandweb

With the Gibson Memphis closing and the ES guitar manufacturing moving to Nashville, has anyone heard when Nashville made ES335's will start showing up in stores?

Chicago Music Exchange, Wildwood, and Sweatwater all still list the ES335's in the "Gibson Memphis" sub categories which is making me think Gibson Nashville hasn't started making these yet. I think I read the lease was up in April, so the move probably just happened.

I am in the market for an ES335 and I am just curious if the Nashville 2019 ES335's will be relaunched similer to what they just did with the solid body electrics this week.

wmachine

Have not heard anything about the timing yet, but they have said that the higher end ES models will be made in the Custom Shop and rest would be made in the Gibson USA plant. Having loaded up on the CME blowout, I'm just a spectator now.

Hollandweb

Thanks WMachine, I am heading to the Chicago area mid May for the Amigos Vintage Guitar show and hope to pick up a late 60's or very players grade early 60's 335, but plan on stopping into CME to grab a new 335 if I don't have any luck at the show. Hopefully I can talk them into giving me a similar deal they had during those blow out sales a couple months ago.

J.D.

I see Dave's has a pre-order up on the website.

Mr. Legit

I have been trying to place an order for one of these for awhile now. I was told we could not place an order for one or even get a quote for one while the move is taking place. So I wonder how Dave's is able to work out getting pre-orders.

wmachine

Thanks WMachine, I am heading to the Chicago area mid May for the Amigos Vintage Guitar show and hope to pick up a late 60's or very players grade early 60's 335, but plan on stopping into CME to grab a new 335 if I don't have any luck at the show. Hopefully I can talk them into giving me a similar deal they had during those blow out sales a couple months ago.
Sorry, but you probably won't be able to get close to a deal like the CME blowout. Those were special prices CME got for clearing out the Memphis warehouse. And to get prices that low, they had take them all and take them w/o Gibson warranty. That very well may have been a once in a lifetime sale. Just don't want you to have unrealistic expectations.

AA00475Bassman

I for one will not sit and snap my chewing gum in anticipation for a ES built in Nashville I own a Memphis my 2nd one really a great guitar .

Disclaimer : Could someone please update me as to the must have Nashville ES model the reason other than some geographic BS ?

Disclaimer NO# 2 : The reason Im on my 2nd Memphis my wife broke the headstock off my first one a Rich Robinson # 494 .

mr kenny

The recent '16-'18 Memphis ES's have been well regarded. I fell for a Blonde '58 from '16.
I like it so much I've been searching for a red '63.

Sadly, Memphis ES's are no more.

J.D.

Memphis build quality certainly improved near the end. Earlier guitars were really all over the place. The Nashville made historics from the late 1990s onwards were, generally speaking, really consistently good guitars.

AA00475Bassman

So my 14 Rich Robinson & my 14 ES 345 is a Turd ?

Disclaimer : I can't even count how many Nashville guitars I passed on over the years !!!

Hollandweb

WMachine, thanks for the heads up about the close out deal. I'll wave some cash around and see how good of deal I can get :)

El Gringo

I just thought of something now with the move back to Nashville will Gibson have to change the name of the MHS Buckers ? Maybe to NHS Buckers ?

deytookerjaabs

Whatever it is, they need to keep MHS 'buckers around IMO, as a swapper I have no desire to swap them out.

wmachine

I just thought of something now with the move back to Nashville will Gibson have to change the name of the MHS Buckers ? Maybe to NHS Buckers ?
I presume you're tongue in cheek with that. MHS still means the same thing.

El Gringo

I presume you're tongue in cheek with that. MHS still means the same thing.
I was serious with the move from Memphis to the Nashville plant can they still be called Memphis Historic Spec pickups ?

wmachine

I was serious with the move from Memphis to the Nashville plant can they still be called Memphis Historic Spec pickups ?
Okay then.
It is the name of the spec. They can call something a Kalamazoo Classic Spec. It simply is identifying the spec by naming it from the origin of the spec.
The origin of the MHS spec is Memphis. Changing where it is made does not change the origin, nor the name.
(Most) Kentucky Fried Chicken does not come from Kentucky.

El Gringo

Okay then.
It is the name of the spec. They can call something a Kalamazoo Classic Spec. It simply is identifying the spec by naming it from the origin of the spec.
The origin of the MHS spec is Memphis. Changing where it is made does not change the origin, nor the name.
(Most) Kentucky Fried Chicken does not come from Kentucky.
Ok, and that makes perfect sense . Thanks for the reply .