• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Protector (aka Chainsaw) case

Chalky

I loved mine, sadly I sold the LP and case years ago, regretted it ever since. That case was the best shape and balance of any that I have experienced. EBay has some dodgy looking very used ones t mind-bubbling asking prices but surely ..... isn’t anyone making these?!!!

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
I'm not aware of any aftermarket versions. I don't know which one you used to have, but IMO it's only Version One, smaller of the two, with the RED lining, that is the one to pursue. I don't know what youre seeing online, but it's usually possible to get a decent one (Make sure the latches are OK!!) for sub $200, if you're patient

SpencerD

Gen I and Gen II chainsaw cases are different animals. Just sayin'. :yah

EDIT--- I most certainly do agree with the previous poster (Rich R) --- mine was stolen like 20 years ago and it still kinda pisses me off! Gen I.

Dilver

Gen I and Gen II chainsaw cases are different animals. Just sayin'. :yah

EDIT--- I most certainly do agree with the previous poster (Rich R) --- mine was stolen like 20 years ago and it still kinda pisses me off! Gen I.

I have two... one with red interior lining and plastic latches, and the other with blue lining and metal latches. Both are excellent protection, but the red one is sleeker and has a cushioned rubber handle. The blue one is bulkier and the handle is hard plastic. Best LP cases ever.

SpencerD

I have two... one with red interior lining and plastic latches, and the other with blue lining and metal latches. Both are excellent protection, but the red one is sleeker and has a cushioned rubber handle. The blue one is bulkier and the handle is hard plastic. Best LP cases ever.

Oh hell yes! :yah:peace2

I bought some paint from a hobby store,circa 1981 and painted the stamped out raised Gibson logo RED!

Capt Brad

The reissue The Paul should come with one but hey you can buy a 80s and it just might have the case and a guitar too!

Capt Brad

So, are you saying Gibson has reissued this case?!
When was that? :wah
No reissue The Paul Firebrand guitar.

OE The Paul came with a Protector case!
Should Gibson reissue That case? Well I would buy stock on that!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
OE The Paul came with a Protector case!

Some of them came with a Protector, but it was only an option, as it was for all Gibson Les Pauls at the time. The traditional "Faultless" design was still offered.