• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Query: Gibson Traditional 2019

valvestate

Hi folks! Please pardon me for my noobness with Gibson Les Pauls, I've never owned a real one :##

So \my wife and I visited a guitar shop yesterday so she can finally buy me my very first Gibson yey!! :hee Now I noticed that these new 2019 line up does not have any pickguards anymore? Why is that so? Why did Gibson remove their pickguards in some of their models?

I always like the traditional look (I have a Burny LP fitted with cream pickguard and vintage deluxe tuners) so this is quite a let down for me.

What do you think folks? My budget is just around the Traditional 2019

What's the overall consensus with these Les Paul Traditional 2019?

Thank you!

left is a 2018 and right is a 2019 model...

I quite prefer the color of the 2018

20190427-181836.jpg

zombiwoof

Hi folks! Please pardon me for my noobness with Gibson Les Pauls, I've never owned a real one :##

So \my wife and I visited a guitar shop yesterday so she can finally buy me my very first Gibson yey!! :hee Now I noticed that these new 2019 line up does not have any pickguards anymore? Why is that so? Why did Gibson remove their pickguards in some of their models?

I always like the traditional look (I have a Burny LP fitted with cream pickguard and vintage deluxe tuners) so this is quite a let down for me.

What do you think folks? My budget is just around the Traditional 2019

What's the overall consensus with these Les Paul Traditional 2019?

Thank you!

left is a 2018 and right is a 2019 model...

I quite prefer the color of the 2018

20190427-181836.jpg

With many of the Gibson LP's, especially those with fancy tops, they ship without the pickguard , so you can leave it off if you want. It should be included with the guitar to install if needed.
Al

Zentar

Players tended to remove the pick guard on the pretty flame tops so Gibson just included them in the case candy packets.

Do some quick research on neck types, pickups, weight relief and weight. Guitar lineups are a complicated mix of slight changes and features you don't notice in the showroom. Such as fretboard wood types.

I think it is difficult to decide on what model to buy. For ex: do you prefer a 60s style neck? Or a fatter 50s style?

Sybo

I just picked up a Traditional Pro V in Satin Wine Red a couple of weeks ago, I am sooooo on my Honeymoon! It may be my Number 1:hmm

gibson-r8

You are going to love whatever you buy, at least it has been for me. But you never forget your first.

Sh#t. Two year old thread.