• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Portable Amp

JeffBlue

I would recommend the Blackstar Fly 3. I own one and have even modded the speaker and installed strap locks so that I may "wear" my amp while playing my guitar. The sound that this amp produces is very useable. Both the clean and distortion channels are good.

Changing the speaker has made the amp louder and more defined because the new speaker is more efficient and of higher quality.

Joseph_Wells

If you choose from such small enough devices, then I would choose Vox Mini 3, there are enough effects and modulators of different amplifiers. If it's really tiny, then there is the Vox Amplag, but you need very good full size headphones as these. But in fairness, the above proposed combo is also great

Last edited:

Dale

I use a mini Vox. The Hotone head with a set of computer speakers is OK as well at times.

fakejake

I have recently looked into that as well, and according to my research the Nux Mighty Lite seems to be the best available micro amp. Considered similar to but still better than the Blackstar Fly.
I almost bought one, but then I thought I might as well bring my acoustic when playing somewhere outside :hank...

Grog

I recently bought a Blackstar Superfly. It’s a bit larger than the original Fly 3, but it’s 12 watts & also has Bluetooth built in. You can buy an optional battery pack that will power the amp for nine hours. Also, it has a decent reverb that works with both channels .