• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul stacked knobs

cole1056

Has anyone ever thought of putting stacked knobs in a triple pickup black beauty? As a player who likes to really get precise with volume and tone on each pickup, I think it would be superior to the Frampton style wiring (Three Volumes, One Tone). Opinions?

renderit

How do you stack a knob?

And WHY would you stack a knob?

Is this a new thing?

If I double stack my knobs will I feel shorted when they start triple stacking knobs?

WHERE DOES THIS MODIFICATION-LUST END PEOPLE?

Do you mean pots?

I think it is a great idea there!

StSpider

Personally I would not do it but I'm certain it's feasible. You could use the three way selector switch wired normally (neck - middle+bridge - bridge), use three stacked knobs (vol and tone for neck, vol and tone for bridge, vol and tone for middle) and a master volume OR use the three way switch as neck - neck+bridge - bridge, use three stacked knobs as above and install an on off switch for the middle pickup.

zacknorton

The Freeway 6 way toggle solves all your problems and is far more user friendly.

I would highly recommend the freeway on any guitar with a 3 pickup Gibson style setup

cole1056

The Freeway 6 way toggle solves all your problems and is far more user friendly.

I would highly recommend the freeway on any guitar with a 3 pickup Gibson style setup
What are the positions on the switch? And how are the pots wired?