The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

what humbucker model you would choose for a neck pickup for a telecaster?

I have a Highway One Telecaster of 2007 and i'm thinking of installing a gibson humbucker pickup for the neck position, what do you think? ...
    Classic 57, Burstbucker 2 or 1 ... ?¿

Thanks.

Re: what humbucker model you would choose for a neck pickup for a telecaster?

I have Gibson mini-humbucker in the neck position of my Telecaster, and it works very well there.
    "What's it SOUND like, baby?" - Ray Charles

Go with a Seth Lover, my Dad had one routed into his Tele neck and it's the best clean tone I've ever heard from any guitar.

Thanks, finally I decided to install a 4-way selector, the fourth position uses the two pickups in serial mode and gets an almost identical sound to a les paul humbucker.

I would contact one or more of the pickup winders for advise. You want the humbucker output to balance with your existing pickup. They will know and can provide guidance for what works or does not.

I had a Burstbucker V in a Tele neck position for a cup of tea. Looked cool, but the tone was kind of dull and "meh."

That position on Tele's can be a tough nut to crack, regardless of pickup type.

I bought this 4-way selector, in a few weeks I will take it to my luthier to install it and I will tell you the result.
    I think it's less risky than installing a humbucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uHPWFyYreE
    thanks

Les Paul Forum Member The Shifter's Avatar

Lollar Regal. All damn day.

Les Paul Forum Member

I put a Duncan '59 in mine.

Loller

Oh did someone mention that already?

The Tone you want.
    The farther you go, the closer you are.

I went with a Seth Lover in my G&L Tribute same as G&L does with the American made Blues Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by DESERTRAT View Post
    I went with a Seth Lover in my G&L Tribute same as G&L does with the American made Blues Boys.

Digging that. Very cool.
    ​We Are The People We Have Been Waiting For