The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

60th AV R9 Finish: Cherry Tea vs. Golden Poppy

Hi everyone, I am looking to buy my first (and only) Les Paul and fell in love with the 60th Anniversary 1959 Reissue. Problem is I love almost all of the finish options.... Curious if anyone has thoughts or maybe even side-by side comparison photos of Golden Poppy Burst and Cherry Teaburst? The guitar will be purchased sight unseen. Right now I am leaning toward Golden Poppy Burst due to Abracadaben's amazing photos here: https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/s...60th-Brazilian. What would be your pick?

Re: 60th AV R9 Finish: Cherry Tea vs. Golden Poppy

Right, go for gold. I like the looks of my CC#24.

Quote Originally Posted by wrussell1992l View Post
    Hi everyone, I am looking to buy my first (and only) Les Paul and fell in love with the 60th Anniversary 1959 Reissue. Problem is I love almost all of the finish options.... Curious if anyone has thoughts or maybe even side-by side comparison photos of Golden Poppy Burst and Cherry Teaburst? The guitar will be purchased sight unseen. Right now I am leaning toward Golden Poppy Burst due to Abracadaben's amazing photos here: https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/s...60th-Brazilian. What would be your pick?

Pick what YOU like. I'm partial to cherry so that would be my choice.

Fair. Not sure what I expected . Golden Poppy Burst order is in. Will post pics and thoughts when I receive. First Les Paul and third guitar behind a early 2000s MIM Strat and a 2008 SG Standard!