• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1968 LP Witch Hats

niktyler

Hey guys -

Anybody have a source for witch hats? I see a lot that are just cheap plastic.. I'd rather buy real or close to historic ones.. Don't really care about the cost.

Thanks!

Bruce R

Since Gibson used those knobs on their guitars for a few years you should not have much of a problem finding original ones. Repro knobs are easy to find, but you may need to do some digging to find original ones. They shouldn't cost much, as they aren't popular because they are a pain to use, and are not exactly pleasing to the eye.

El Gringo

For the life of me I have no clue why Gibson does not sell these on there online store ?

renderit

I know I have some around somewhere. Damn. They should not be hard to find. I have taken them off of MANY 60's fiddles over the years...

I'll look this weekend if I have time.

I used to throw them out.

Bruce R

Correct me if I am wrong, but a '68 Goldtop came with early 60's reflector top knobs, not witch hats. The '68 Customs would have the witch hats, with the small gold tops (as did my '69 Custom).

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Correct me if I am wrong, but a '68 Goldtop came with early 60's reflector top knobs, not witch hats. The '68 Customs would have the witch hats, with the small gold tops (as did my '69 Custom).

That's my understanding.

Bruce R

I meant to say "early 60's STYLE reflector top knobs"

niktyler

I know I have some around somewhere. Damn. They should not be hard to find. I have taken them off of MANY 60's fiddles over the years...

I'll look this weekend if I have time.

I used to throw them out.

Let me know! I have PayPal. :)