• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

String benders for Les Pauls?

TexaCali

Anyone out there know a good string bender for Les Pauls that doesn't require modifying the guitar? I have a great double bender on my Tele that I find really useful (Timera BG Bender), but on some gigs I'd rather play one of my Les Pauls and have the same flexibility. Here are the ones I've found so far....let me know if you have used any of these (and what you think) or if you know of others. Again, I'm only interested in units that don't require drilling holes.....

-Bowden - seems to be the lowest cost and least invasive option. I tried one of their double units on a Tele and the return to pitch wasn't that great (too many curves and bends in the string path). Plus I found two palm levers a bit awkward. Anyone have experience with these on a LP?

-Hipshot - not sure how well this would work on the curved top of a LP, or if it would mess up the finish or require additional holes drilled to make it stable.

- Edge Bender from Jackson Steel - This looks like an impressive unit. The Tele version is a no mods bolt on, but not sure about the LP unit. I'll call them and ask, but anyone tried one on a LP?

Others?