• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

burstserial.com is now a teenager!

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
burstserial.com is turning 13 years old! :bug

Who would have thought in 2005 we would still be doing it today? We have gone through a lot in this time, always walking close to the LPF and learning a lot from its members!

These are some of the facts we are most proud of:

• 10,572 photos classified per serial number
  • Logged 66% of Bursts (of course, just an estimation)
  • Option to set the size of photos and thumbnails
  • Navigation inside a gallery using your keyboard right and left arrows
  • Option to download each photo in its original resolution
  • Slideshow option, to sit and enjoy the view
  • Search function to look for a Burst by its serial number
  • Videos section so you can also see and listen to your favourite Bursts
  • You can embed site images in your LPF posts (right click - copy image address)
And the feature that took ONE YEAR to be completed: a gallery called Burst Faces. Previously it was extremely difficult to identify an unknown Burst by having to browse through 10k+ photos. This gallery includes just ONE photo per Burst, the clearest one showing its most distinct features, edited to focus on the maple top in vertical position. Going through this gallery you can easily appreciate the commonalities and differences among Bursts with close/adjacent serial numbers.

What started as a fun project... is still a fun project! And the best part is I got to meet so many of you. Thanks to all our supporters, the site is all yours! :applaude

Last edited:

ourmaninthenorth

The site will start bringing home girls soon...:laugh2::laugh2:

Such a magnificent resource Julio. Your work, for me, has been second to none.

Simply the best there is.

Many congratulations and thanks.

:salude:salude:salude

sws1

Very cool. Congrats Julio, on a job well done.
Can't even begin to estimate how many times I've gone to that website.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
This website provides so much service to the vintage Les Paul world.
Please donate to BurstSerial if you possibly can and help keep it up, and growing!! :salude

T.Allen

Congratulations Julio! Thank you for your service providing invaluable information! :salude

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
Many thanks for your kind words! :eek:la

As an indication on growth, in the last 2.5 years we have compiled and classified 1,500+ new photos...! :salude

Fried okra

Julio, does an outstanding job of managing the page. The hard work he puts into it and the upkeep is killer. I keep the page saved for quick access. 👍

Kossoff

Congratulations Julio !!
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
It is very much appreciated. 😊

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Thank you, Julio! You have done us all a great service!

slimdave

Congrats Julio!! You've invested thousands of hours in a site that is a great tool for all burst aficionados. Thanks and great job.

Thank you Julio for putting together an amazing site. The pictures and how it's organized is exceptional. Clearly this is a labor of love (and not cheap to put together). DONATE TODAY!
Thanks!

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
As we are about to close the year I would like to let you know that our weekly update just got the number of photos in the site up to 11,000. To all our LPF friends, merry Christmas and play your guitars in good health!! :salude

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
As we are about to close the year I would like to let you know that our weekly update just got the number of photos in the site up to 11,000. To all our LPF friends, merry Christmas and play your guitars in good health!! :salude

And THANK YOU Julio!!!
What an incredible resource and endeavor! :dude:

Anje

Congrats & thanks Julio!
All the best for the new year too :salude