• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Rick Derringer selling off some of his collection @ Gruhn's

4string

Meet and greet this Tuesday, April 23rd @ Gruhn's. 6 - 7 p.m. CST.

https://guitars.com/news/evening-rick-derringer-gruhn-guitars

This is the only photo thus far:

derringer%20collection-XL.jpg

4string

I wonder if he'll be at Dallas this year? :hmm

Normally he's at Warrior Guitars booth. Their web site suggests they've become a bass-only manufacturer. He's not listed as a performer at the show either.

BTW - what's the story on the vibrato on that 355? Looks like a Bigsby but the wang bar doesn't look like the stock piece.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Normally he's at Warrior Guitars booth. Their web site suggests they've become a bass-only manufacturer. He's not listed as a performer at the show either.

BTW - what's the story on the vibrato on that 355? Looks like a Bigsby but the wang bar doesn't look like the stock piece.

I've seen it before but I don't know the story behind it. :hmm

Jeff West

Is it the same red 355 from Roadwork? I really wanted that guitar as a kid in 1973.

hqdefault.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Is it the same red 355 from Roadwork? I really wanted that guitar as a kid in 1973.

hqdefault.jpg

I saw them about that time, at the Houston Coliseum. I've never seen better. :wow

They opened for Black Sabbath. :wah

zoommutt

I think I'll listen to my Roadwork cassette today. Nothing like a broken in 45 year old cassette. The haunting mids. After 35 years they start to loosen up.

Jeff West

" I think I'll listen to my Roadwork cassette today. Nothing like a broken in 45 year old cassette. The haunting mids. After 35 years they start to loosen up. "

Is Edgar's protracted scream still holding up?

AA00475Bassman

The ES 355 is not the Roadwork guitar 1995 Custom shop 15000. 00 The Les Paul Bigsby Standard 5000.00 !

zoommutt

" I think I'll listen to my Roadwork cassette today. Nothing like a broken in 45 year old cassette. The haunting mids. After 35 years they start to loosen up. "

Is Edgar's protracted scream still holding up?

A little fluttery.... Ah Damn! The little piece of cotton fell out! ELMERS! Now I have to cannibalize that Godspell tape.

Elmore

I think I'll listen to my Roadwork cassette today. Nothing like a broken in 45 year old cassette. The haunting mids. After 35 years they start to loosen up.

Awesome! And I like watching the bar graph lights on my JVC three head cassette deck from 1989. Oh, the humanity.

zoommutt

Well, the eighties had some fine cassette decks made , but I believe , and many other experts do too,that the cassette decks made from about 77' to a bit in early 1980, was the pinnacle of cassette deck building. Not many were made and they are rare. They used plastics that can't be made any more. No horizontal flashing lights for us , oh no, we had needles bouncing in half moon ways,(?) How about those cassette cleaners for the deck? Replacing the cotton cleaners. Good times.
You can tell that I'm passionate about this media and I just know it will come back strong. Still got my mix tapes oh yeah.

Remember the back of one of the albums, the Edgar Winter Band dressed in glam and heavy make up. Rick pulled it off. He kinda looked like a women. Edgar not so much lol.