• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Rick Derringer selling off some of his collection @ Gruhn's

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Well, the eighties had some fine cassette decks made , but I believe , and many other experts do too,that the cassette decks made from about 77' to a bit in early 1980, was the pinnacle of cassette deck building. Not many were made and they are rare. They used plastics that can't be made any more. No horizontal flashing lights for us , oh no, we had needles bouncing in half moon ways,(?) How about those cassette cleaners for the deck? Replacing the cotton cleaners. Good times.
You can tell that I'm passionate about this media and I just know it will come back strong. Still got my mix tapes oh yeah.

Lucky for you a second company has started making cassettes again. For some time, National Audio in my town has been the only source for new cassettes. Now a French company has started making them again.
Maybe they will come back strong. :)

Remember the back of one of the albums, the Edgar Winter Band dressed in glam and heavy make up. Rick pulled it off. He kinda looked like a women. Edgar not so much lol.

Are you sure that wasn't Ronnie Montrose, rather than Rick in that album image? :hmm

brandtkronholm

Lucky for you a second company has started making cassettes again. For some time, National Audio in my town has been the only source for new cassettes. Now a French company has started making them again.
Maybe they will come back strong. :)

Are you sure that wasn't Ronnie Montrose, rather than Rick in that album image? :hmm

Here's the album cover autographed by Mr. D. Himself.

281379346407.jpg

Last edited:

zoommutt

I'm sorry for the confusion. This part of my life I was a cassette guy. We weren't like you high falutin album guys. We didn't has a back picture, or heaven forbid inner album pics, HAH. We had a front cardboard pic usually blank on the other side and we were happy to get that.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I'm sorry for the confusion. This part of my life I was a cassette guy. We weren't like you high falutin album guys. We didn't has a back picture, or heaven forbid inner album pics, HAH. We had a front cardboard pic usually blank on the other side and we were happy to get that.

You whipper snappers missed out. :ganz :hee

reswot

... but it was much easier to carry it around in a cassette case. :yah