• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NAD Ceriatone 2555(Jube clone)

Iguana

Fair warning, I haven’t had the chance to play a Marshall Jubilee so I can’t compare the two. A few weeks ago I bought a used Ceriatone Jubilee clone through Reverb.com. The tolex has a few small nicks in it but otherwise the head is in perfect condition. The four el34 and three 12ax7 tubes are all JJ brand tubes. I haven’t opened the head box yet but the pots, switches, and LEDs all seem to be high quality. Time will tell.
I’m pairing the head with a Marshall 1960a JCM900 Lead cabinet loaded with Celestion G12-t75 speakers. The Ceriatone has all the qualities I was looking(listening?) for in a Jubilee. It’s dark, dense, and articulate. Even at high gain settings the individual notes of chords still ring out. Tone controls are quite sensitive too. Speaking of sensitivity, this thing is the most touch sensitive amp I’ve ever owned! Roll back the volume on the Lester and I can control how dirty the tone is by modulating my picking attacking. That’s nothing new but I’m really surprised by the range of it all. The Ceriatone may not be a Silver Jubilee but it’s close enough for me.
Finally, I have to give a shout out to the seller, if I’m allowed. When Jeff from Jeff’s Amps And Stuff of Chicago Illinois realized I was only an hour and a half away he offered to deliver the amp in person! This meant I could be home to receive the amp. Jeff even arrived a little early. You don’t get service like that very often these days. The Ceriatone is a killer and I would deal with the seller again in a heartbeat.

rhanghaving

Informative review, thank you!
I love it :salude:salude:salude:salude:salude:salude:salude:salude

duaneflowers

Nik makes some seriously killer amps and is always a pleasure to deal with...

Iguana

Just wanted to follow up with some experiences I recently had with the amp and Ceriatone as a company. About a week ago the Ceriatone started blowing ht fuses. I haven’t had much experience with tube amps so this didn’t immediately suggest a power tube problem. I took the chassis out of the head box, discharged the capacitors, and had a good look around. Since I didn’t see anything that looked burned or damaged I buttoned it back up. Next I checked the bias and the numbers on the third el34 were way off. It was reading 65ish mV. At that point I contacted Nik via Ceriatone’s website. Nik replied in less than 12hours. He’s in Malaysia, I’m in Milwaukee. He suggested the most likely culprit was the power tubes so I replaced them. The amp is back up and running great. Until the tubes went my 2555 had been very reliable and I play loud! Anybody who thinks a 100 watt amp into a 4x12 cab is too loud should have taken up violin! :dude: