• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Play it Loud

bluesroom

Make sure you see this show. It’s like going to church. The Holy trinity is there. All the gear of Clapton Beck And Page. I’d post some closeup pics but this site drives me crazy with the uploading nonsense.
Clapton’s Blackie and fool SG. Becks Telecaster from the yardbirds. Page’ whole live rig Marshalls and effects. Dano, number 1 les Paul, and doubleneck. His dragon Telecaster and Supro from LZ1. Hendrix’s Flying V And strat from Woodstock. Eddie Van Halen’s rig and Frankenstein guitar. Kieth Richards stage rig and Mcawber tele. And bixby Les Paul from Ed Sullivan 64. Elvis first acoustic. Chuck Berry’s guitar he recorded Johnny B Goode with. A prototype tele from 49, a 54 strat, and an unidentifed 59 burst. And much much more.

ourmaninthenorth

Make sure you see this show. It’s like going to church. The Holy trinity is there. All the gear of Clapton Beck And Page. I’d post some closeup pics but this site drives me crazy with the uploading nonsense.
Clapton’s Blackie and fool SG. Becks Telecaster from the yardbirds. Page’ whole live rig Marshalls and effects. Dano, number 1 les Paul, and doubleneck. His dragon Telecaster and Supro from LZ1. Hendrix’s Flying V And strat from Woodstock. Eddie Van Halen’s rig and Frankenstein guitar. Kieth Richards stage rig and Mcawber tele. And bixby Les Paul from Ed Sullivan 64. Elvis first acoustic. Chuck Berry’s guitar he recorded Johnny B Goode with. A prototype tele from 49, a 54 strat, and an unidentifed 59 burst. And much much more.

Love to see those pictures if you could persevere with the hosting thing...imgur perhaps (free and easy to use) ?

A simple right click to save image in imgur, then right click again to paste it into your post. A bit of a faff first time, but simple after that.

:salude

bluesroom

Oh and that unidentified burst was Paul Kosoffs that he got from Clapton, lol . Unreal

ourmaninthenorth

I've got a load of bluesroom's pictures which I'm putting in a viewable album, here's one to be going on with until I've got it sorted...

Q4yuPS9.jpg

ak_

No problem, glad the link works.

These are bluesroom's work, I'm just the postman.

How you doing Andrew?

:salude

Oh. Fantastic, thank you bluesroom.

Still stands that I am very jealous! Really appreciate you sharing these here.
I’m not too shabby. Thanks man. :dude:

ourmaninthenorth

Oh. Fantastic, thank you bluesroom.

Still stands that I am very jealous! Really appreciate you sharing these here.
I’m not too shabby. Thanks man. :dude:

See you at Haydock if you're around. :salude

Putty

I went to see this yesterday, and I have to say that if you can find a way to get there, do it, you won't be disappointed! Once I got over the initial awe of seeing so many iconic guitars in one place, I couldn't help but feel that these guys, EVH, Page, Clapton etc. could've made just about any rig sound great. But seeing Blackie, Frankenstein, JP's Les Paul Custom and all of the rest just inches away was unforgettable.

PixelBurst

I made the trek from Los Angels to New York just to see this show. It’s a once in a lifetime chance to see an incredible rock n’roll instrument collection up close. Don’t sleep on this exhibit, find a way to get there and see almost every iconic classic rock n’ roll guitar up close.

bluesroom

So I’ve been there several times since I’m local. The last visit I was really looking at Pages number 1. I took many photos but again, I don’t have the patience to deal with another site to upload photos. I wish it were easier or I’d post more often. Anyway, I noticed an extra hole in the pickguard bracket. Anyone have any ideas or info on this?

BIG Dave

Ok Lads, let's see if this works.

If it doesn't, tough, I'm not bloody doing it again...I'm sure photobollocks hates me personally...:laugh2::laugh2:

http://s234.photobucket.com/user/williams123_photo/slideshow/play it loud 2019

Give it time to load, about a day and a half should do it...

Thanks for this. I always thought Page’s Zoso Marshall cabinet was simply a standard Marshall cab with “Zoso” painted on the grillcloth. It appears it’s a white plastic overlay, screwed over the grillcloth.

joeh77

Planning on seeing this exhibit sometime this summer on a day trip to the city. Living close to NYC I have seen a number of exhibits and shows that have allowed me to see famous guitars up close in the past. I hear this one is quite amazing!