• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

James Macdonald Art Guitars new work 2019

jmacwooddesign

It's been taking a while to move this batch along as most of last year was centered around the campaign to get my Eat a Peach Tribute Guitar into the Allman Brothers Band Museum at the Big House. The three pictured here are part of my series on counterculture literature from back in the day. The kind of books you got from your friends, not your teachers... There's a combination of marquetry and pyrography that I'm using (all hand work using wood veneers on solid Honduras mahogany body) that I really respond to and feel like it's the best work of my life. Just turned 60, so I best keep at it!

At this point, the artwork is done and I'm working on the necks. The routing for pickups is coming soon and is always visually disturbing, but is made up for when the guitar gets plugged in the first time.

46886157404_e0313e0000.jpg
[/URL]Woodburning complete Steal this Book cropped by jmacs1959, on Flickr[/IMG]
"Steal this Book" in the act of being stolen...

46694765185_0a997e7576.jpg
[/URL]Woodburning complete Separate Reality cropped by jmacs1959, on Flickr[/IMG]
"A Separate Reality" from the book by Carlos Castaneda

33733123938_9716ba0aca.jpg
[/URL]woodburning complete cropped by jmacs1959, on Flickr[/IMG]

"1966" my take on this transitional year. The Boy Scout Handbook represents our parents view of the perfect son, corrupted by Mad magazine, and turned on by the now far out Beatle's Revolver album...

J.D.

Incredible work, thanks for sharing :jim

Cliff Gress

Great concept and the art is beautiful.

#2 for me. Alfred E Neuman on the third would have been cool.