• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Harmony Sovereign Tuners

VamboRool

I picked up a Harmony Sovereign for cheap and was thinking about changing the tuners out. It still has the original open back tuners on it, but both the D and G tuners are bent. I was thinking about going to Grovers, but the shaft seams like it is too long and would stick out way above the head stock face and there wouldn't be much of a string break over the nut. If you've done a tuner swap on a Harmony, what did you change to and how do you like the guitar now? I also looked at using a set of three on a plate re-issue Klusons, since that would keep the original look, white plastic oval buttons and the shaft is just a bit shorter than on the Grovers. Thanks in advance.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I picked up a Harmony Sovereign for cheap and was thinking about changing the tuners out. It still has the original open back tuners on it, but both the D and G tuners are bent. I was thinking about going to Grovers, but the shaft seams like it is too long and would stick out way above the head stock face and there wouldn't be much of a string break over the nut. If you've done a tuner swap on a Harmony, what did you change to and how do you like the guitar now? I also looked at using a set of three on a plate re-issue Klusons, since that would keep the original look, white plastic oval buttons and the shaft is just a bit shorter than on the Grovers. Thanks in advance.

Buy a set of originals or go with the reissues [which are cheaper].
Got any photos of the tuners? Originals are different prices depending on which version they are.