• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NVGDx2 '55 and '57 Juniors

MitchPTV

Hi there,

First post - but hopefully I'm arriving in style

Yesterday I purchased my second 50's Jr and I thought since I never made a NVGD post after my first NVGD last year, I would do them both today :)

Last year I was lucky enough to find the right Jr at the right place at the right price at the right time and after days of scouring this forum to learn what I'm looking at, I pulled the trigger on my '55 Junior. As a Jr fan, that was it. The holy grail was found, the end of the line.

... That was until I played this beat up old '57 yesterday and added it to the line up

The line up - 55, 57, Custom shop 57RI in silver sparkle finish:

8zAOA2Y.jpg

hruTfn9.jpg

The 57

ZwpkGuV.jpg

And you've got to play them through something right?

Attachments

• Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 5

Decoy205

Nice trio of Juniors! I hear you about them being amazing. The first time I heard a real junior through a Marshall I heard the sound of what an electric guitar should be. It was a perfect design simple clear and mean. Post up some clips!

MitchPTV

Welcome to the Forum , great looking Les Pauls love the Wizard amps !

Cheers :)
Yeah the Wizards are absolute beasts of amps. The MC and VC mix really well too.

Nice trio of Juniors! I hear you about them being amazing. The first time I heard a real junior through a Marshall I heard the sound of what an electric guitar should be. It was a perfect design simple clear and mean. Post up some clips!

Definitely agree there! Its a winning combination for sure! I have an 800 which tsounds great with them. The plan is to get a third cab so I can get the huge sound of the Wizards and the mid range growl of the Marshalls. Total overkill, sweet sweet overkill.

I love the top on the '57!:salude

Bloody lovely.

A warm welcome.

:salude

Congratulations. I love your guitars. I have a 56 junior and 57 VOS custom shop junior. Great guitars.

How owl does your custom shop compare to your originals?

Very nice! the Custom Shop holds up pretty well! I find the two originals that I own sound fuller and fatter than the RI. Having said that, the first original Jr I've looked at buying was a different story and my RI smoked it.

I'd be interested to play around with the pickups and pickup height to see how much closer I can get. the RI has an antiquity in there at the moment, but I used to own a USA Jr with a Wolfetone Meaner 90 which I'd love to try in the RI.