• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Yngwie's new blues album

BoyBastos

So exactly who gets to say what is and isn't blues?

He plays hard, he has a killer vibrato, and this is his style of blues. Very few people can play like Yngwie, irrespective of whether they want to or not, but I think his technical ability, tone and musicianship have elevated the standard of electric guitar since he appeared on the scene.

Now, my problem is that this album has a very poor production value, not worth of a professional musician. it sounds like a home made demo, with plug-in drums, a poor mastering job, and the vocals are objectively awful.

A properly budgeted blues album with Yngwie doing his thing, real musicians and maybe a few high caliber guest singers would have been amazing!
This i agree 100+

BoyBastos

I am reminded of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie where they made fun of the drummers 'car song' all the way through it.

I believe I will put it in the Bluray and 'turn the key and drop the clutch now'...
Dude shut yo ass with this tryin to be funny and weird kinda crap on this forum.. tryin to be BoBo in the old my les paul forumšŸ˜‚..ainā€™t stickin too.. annoyin af.. ha ha

Big Al

Do you consider Ten years after blues?? Gary moore? This is the most clicheā€™s shit you hear all the time.. slow is feeling and fast without feelings.. itā€™s these ā€œtan pantsā€ old fart i love the bluuuuz and i know what is and what is not i would have picked cotton too if i could to play the blues BS.. dude.. if you can say it in one note
crap stfu..

So you think this represents good blues and your argument is cliche ad hoc attacks and bullshit postering? Speed is speed, neither good or bad but often abused, misused and applied without context or meaning, a cheap trick to amaze 12yr olds and wannabees who don't get substance, style or grace. Much like your post.

Blowin' your wad over blues changes is the audio wet kleenix wankery. BFD!!

As far as your cheap shot at Ren, take your own advise and STFU! :bigal:bigal

ourmaninthenorth

This might be a bit too academic for some of you Lads, but fortune favouring the brave and all that shit, here goes fook all....

:hee:hee