• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Jimmy Page gear image dump

J.D.

Great photos!

I like seeing the back of the neck of his #1 LP: looks fatter behind the nut than I always imagined, hearing about it being "shaved", but then does appear to flatten out pretty much from about "C" onwards.
(Are there exact neck measurements available?)

Also, are those brass or gold hardware on headstock string posts?

Gibson supposedly copied the neck profile on the mid-2000s run.

The Grovers are indeed gold plated.

Ed A

Thanks, I knew I had seen other pics of No. 1 with visible figure and grain previously. I'm still surprised that in all of the photos from Play It Loud, regardless of angle or size, none of them seem to show any figure or grain.

This pix is from the exhibit. Here’s your flame!
BD77FA2F-010F-49EF-8904-60F026423BCF.jpg

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Great pics, and very useful to this AVH! Not sure I'm down with how the organizers posed the mannequin of JP playing the doubleneck--looks like he's doing the Funky Chicken...

goldTopDeluxe

I forget - Was Page's #1 just a neck re-spray due to the neck shave, or was it a full re-fin? And it was Joe Walsh that had Lay's do the work?

I"m curious to know as well. I always thought his number 1 had a unique looking patina. Even the 2004 reissues look different from Gibson's usual VOS finish, which made me think they were trying to replicate something non standard.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I"m curious to know as well. I always thought his number 1 had a unique looking patina. Even the 2004 reissues look different from Gibson's usual VOS finish, which made me think they were trying to replicate something non standard.

Here's #1 and A friends '59. Very similar patina.

Pages1and9_0927.png

KDunn99

I cant see any settings or marks on the amp panels at all. Pics aren’t HD enough, does anyone have any concrete proof of any of these settings?

bluesroom

Just want to add to this. On his number 1 les Paul there is an additional hole on the underside of the pickguard bracket. The hole is the space between the bottom of the pickguard and where the bracket mounts to the bottom of the body

KDunn99

OP you said on amp 1 the treble was marked at 2 and 10. Could the mark at 2 just be a mark at 8 on the mids? Completing the eq of amp 1 as:
Presence 9.25
B 4?
M 8
T 10
V1 6?
V2

It sounds VERY pagey in the middle position on my LP

Last edited: