• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Suhr

shred

Any other Suhr’s out there?

Loving this full custom order Suhr Modern. Essentially Guthrie Govan spec without the blower switch

F28EA4F3-E8A8-40A9-B6E7-35C1FA3AF4B9_zpsrarx9ovy.jpeg

83D02596-4C74-43A6-87E0-E25CE3FEF665_zpsdk2yocd8.jpeg

Last edited:

Pellman73

nice!

the Guthrie Govan guitars are very cool... there's some birdseye Charvel ones that I think are just killer too

Suhr makes great quality stuff

congrats!

what's the neck joint like? t

shred

nice!

the Guthrie Govan guitars are very cool... there's some birdseye Charvel ones that I think are just killer too

Suhr makes great quality stuff

congrats!

what's the neck joint like? t

Similar to the Ibanez style as in no neck plate just a contoured bolt on

ourmaninthenorth

Speaking of Mr Govan, what about the solo in this...can't take my ears off it of late.

shred

Hey OMITN

Cool that you’re hip to Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree. I’m a big fan off SW —-especially his work with the aforementioned PT.

My only disappointment was Marco Minnemann and Guthrie Govan didn’t accompany SW on his subsequent tour(s) on this side of the pond.

He did make an appearance with the Aristocrats, which as you can imagine was stellar.

Thanks for the link :salude

I always liked GG's trailer solo on this one:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ycYewhiaVBk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

shred

This is one of my fav Suhr vids:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pNY9gJtNd6s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ourmaninthenorth

Hey OMITN

Cool that you’re hip to Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree. I’m a big fan off SW —-especially his work with the aforementioned PT.

My only disappointment was Marco Minnemann and Guthrie Govan didn’t accompany SW on his subsequent tour(s) on this side of the pond.

He did make an appearance with the Aristocrats, which as you can imagine was stellar.

Thanks for the link :salude

I always liked GG's trailer solo on this one:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ycYewhiaVBk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Did you ever check out some of Steve's side projects and collaborations ?

No Man - Returning Jesus

Blackfield -

The geezer's every bloody where....:laugh2:

shred

I got into PT on the In Absentia tour. A good friend of mine had discovered them and on the spur of the moment we decided to go down and catch them in Seattle.

It was a really cool night and my introduction to SW’s brand of prog... Hardly anyone was in the club and back then SW was the only guitar player. In Absentia and Deadwing are my Fav PT/SW albums. I also ended up hanging out with the late Warrel Dane of Nevermore all night talking metal/prog... I was a Nevermore/Jeff Loomis fan, so that was pretty cool. Fun times. Since then I’ve pretty much followed all SW’s projects. I don’t love all of it but most of his stuff is worth a listen :salude

Texsunburst59

I became a proud owner of my 1st Suhr last November when I scored this amazing '15 Suhr Sherwood Metallic Green Classic Pro in mint condition in a pawnshops for $1340.
Couldn't believe I was able to talk them down,but I pulled it off.

43966630980_d1c398bc3a_b.jpg

45733786312_8358ee9dd8_b.jpg

WytLytnyn

As much as I love my Les Paul's, I did pick up a Suhr Classic Antique S with V63 pickups a month ago.

I still maintain that I'm a Gibson man but I knew I needed a strat and only intended to buy one. Ever.

Dave P

I was visiting my cousin in St Louis a couple months ago, stopped at Mojos Music which had some Suhrs. I spent a couple hours playing on a red Suhr, didn't want to put it down. It was a sweet guitar. I'm thinking that I need to pick one up sometime in the future.