• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How much would it cost to rent a 1954 les paul ?

Patek

If such a service existed, like people renting expensive camera lenses for specific shoots... how much would it cost do you believe to rent a players grade original 1954 les paul per day / week / month / etc for say recording an album. Or the like

never seen this before but if it existed, what would the cost be, taking a stab

thanks

darkwave

If such a service existed, like people renting expensive camera lenses for specific shoots... how much would it cost do you believe to rent a players grade original 1954 les paul per day / week / month / etc for say recording an album. Or the like

never seen this before but if it existed, what would the cost be, taking a stab

thanks

I've read about this one a few times, I'm sure there are others, but they might be a hassle to search out. try contacting local recording studios?

https://www.vintageinstrumentrental.com/

- Douglas C.

miczap

I'm assuming that using these instruments as rentable goods would make the insurance premiums go through the roof and make it relatively un-worthwhile, if not a loss-making venture unless you had a steady stream of customers.

Jumping@Shadows

Phil Harris of Harris Hire offers this exact service, but there tends to be some ‘small print’ when dealing with him :hmm

PaulD

Phil Harris of Harris Hire offers this exact service, but there tends to be some ‘small print’ when dealing with him :hmm

Not any more, I believe the business was closed down and most of the gear sold off some time ago.

garywright

who in their right mind would offer this ..at the very least you’d have to put down a huge deposit just to guarantee to the loaner that the guitar would be returned and in the same original condition that it shipped

MikeSlub

Administrator
One million dollars!

normal_4B9C65BB-92D7-4E43-98D2-A47708943501.jpeg

339bd3e9-bcf5-4b0f-bc8a-1ba3590ed7c7

Last edited:

Patek

Thanks guys. It’s a difficult one. The reason was I was I was trying to calculate what the value would be of holding onto an instrument for a period of time. For a new guitar it would be devalued upon taking it out of the store so 1 year later may be worth less. The difference being a rental period equivalent ?
cant really be calculated like that for a vintage piece so I was wondering if there was a rental value equivalent. Like renting a vintage car for the weekend