• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Replacing Grovers With Kluson Revolutions!

turgut

Hello all,

I currently have a Gibson Les Paul 2016 Standard T, which has chrome locking Grovers on it. For a while I was looking for tuners that have a more traditional look (I like the looks of Klusons over Grovers) but had the tuning stability and string change ease of the locking Grovers. The Kluson Revolution G-mount locking tuners seem to be just what I am looking for, but I have a couple of questions.

Will the guitar's headstock need any modification (new screw holes drilled, tuner holes enlarged, etc...) for the Kluson Revolutions to be installed?

Anyone had this change from locking Grovers to Kluson Revolutions done before?

Do you recommend Kluson Revolutions? If not, is there some other product I should prefer over them?

Regards,
turgut

slokat

I'd personally advise against trying to fix something that isn't broken on a functional level for aesthetic purposes, as you could easily introduce problems with function by doing so.

Jeff Nadrich

Last edited: