• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

"Gold Series" Les Pauls

Axegrinder

In 2017 Gibson produced a limited run of "Gold Series" Les Paul Standards and SG's. They were offered in Ebony, Artic White, and possibly translucent Cherry (Never seen a LP in that finish but I know the SG was available that way). They have gold hardware and look just like a Les Paul Custom except for the inlay and binding on the headstock. As far as I can tell, they were only offered through Zzounds and AMS. I own a pair of the LP's (One ebony, one white) and one of the SG's in ebony. I've been trying to find out how many of these were produced, but no one I've talked to seems to know and I've usually been told Gibson doesn't release production figures. Does anyone here happen to know how many were produced, or where I can likely find such information?? Thanks!!

Last edited:

Big Al

Did ya think maybe, I don' know, Gibson or the dealers you cite might know? Be my first try.

Axegrinder

Already tried both of those. Neither were any help. I wouldn't be posting the question if it were that simple.

Big Al

Gibson couldn't help? If they can't say, I don't think anyone can help.

duaneflowers

I have a 2012 Studio that was sold as a "Les Paul Studio Gold Series Limited Edition"... not sure there was anything really special about it other than the gold hardware and I don't know if there's any connection to later "Gold Series" models...