• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Banker Handcrafted Guitars - The Midnight Special.

Pellman73

I thought this bore repeating...

but can you really tell if the original live recording of Just Got Paid was played with the reverend having his guitar tuned to open E or standard just by plain listening to it?

thats what I want to know

:spabout

Groover

Leave you to your own devices for a week or two and you go all Bob Dylan on me. I take it you haven't burnt the Lowden............yet:laugh2:

ourmaninthenorth

Leave you to your own devices for a week or two and you go all Bob Dylan on me. I take it you haven't burnt the Lowden............yet:laugh2:

Lowden's long gone Keith, it's up in one of the Scottish Western Isles....I put a pair of socks in the case so it's feet don't get too cold. It get's a bit chilly up there....

I miss the bugger terribly, but such is life sometimes.

How you doing Bruv, keeping well I hope?

:salude

ourmaninthenorth

Me too! That is an AWESOME setup.

Bet it has TONEZ and GREEZES.

I would wrap my cord with
bacon and add only an Origin Effects Revival Drive and Cali76 and declare dinner in the UK...

Here's Lance Keltner running through the basics of this amazing pedal, I think these are really something else.

jwguitar

Here’s a short review of this superb guitar.

Singularly handmade by Matt Hughes, fellow member of the LPF and owner of Banker Guitars, for Charlie Starr and now residing under English skies.

The ancient Mahogany originates from the Monkey River in Belize, best guess puts this at 300+ years old. Benjamin Franklin was just a boy when this was felled.

FFtkoyN.jpg

A one-piece body, replete with forearm and belly contours, finished in a thin coat of nitro, and coupled with a hand carved, soft V shaped neck from the same wood rings like a bell and sustains forever. Unplugged, and striking an open E chord, I had time to go and make a cup of tea before it stopped resonating. This guitar is alive all over the body and neck…it’s extraordinary. I’d estimate it’s about 8 ½ lb’s on the strap.

apSnaFM.jpg

oyIH8Rk.jpg

wSc3a80.jpg

qNpJ4VY.jpg

An East Indian board is finished to perfection with medium Stewmac 154 wire, the fretwork is exemplary.

pVPIlbL.jpg

Damascus steel makes up the ironwork, beautiful patterns picked out by acid on this folded steel process adds a touch of real class to this already gorgeous looking guitar. I haven’t captured it very well in the photos, but in real life it’s stunning.

EsW1ayj.jpg

m4VByG9.jpg

The pickups are a set of Bob Tyson 57 P90’s – have a search around, some great reviews, and a couple of Doug and Pat Road Trip videos meeting with the man himself. I love P90’s, and have played enough old ones to say that I couldn’t pick these ones out as new ones. Plenty in the locker for a tear up, yet with a lovely rounded full voice. Across the range they are fantastic.

EsW1ayj.jpg

I believe it’s a pointless exercise trying to describe sound, and even if it isn’t, I don’t have the skill to do it. However, I will say this, it took me 10 seconds to realise that I’m going to love owning this master-built guitar for many many years to come, indeed it feels as though I’ve been playing it for decades already. I know you know what I mean.

The obligatory shot...

DJnBBjK.jpg

Bravo Matt, truly.

That is a really beautiful guitar. Everything about it looks right!

tj93

very nice purchase, congrats! How much was shipping and import charges all together coming into the UK if you don't mind me asking? Can pm me if you don't want to say on here, thanks

corpse

Banker has a deal on the shipping- it was ridiculous and remarkable quick. OMITN will have to answer about the customs.

ourmaninthenorth

Banker has a deal on the shipping- it was ridiculous and remarkable quick. OMITN will have to answer about the customs.

Name and serial number only....:biggrin:

The Customs stuff is the usual fare, 20% VAT and 2.2-2.4 ish % Customs Duty, plus the seemingly universal add on, irrespective of carrier, of £12 Customs Clearance fee.

So to precis, without going into specific numbers, you'll have to budget for shipping, customs clearance fee, plus a minimum of 22.2% VAT and Duty on purchase price - which is declared on the customs paperwork, and is intrinsic to the level of insurance whilst in transit.

Sounds a little forbidding, but it isn't really when you're dealing with people who know what they're doing, Matt and his team are such a crew. They've got it down to pat.

Hope that helps? I've just read it back, and I don't understand a bloody word of it.....:laugh2::laugh2:

tj93

ourmaninthenorth;[URL="tel:2835129" said:
2835129[/URL]]Name and serial number only....:biggrin:

The Customs stuff is the usual fare, 20% VAT and 2.2-2.4 ish % Customs Duty, plus the seemingly universal add on, irrespective of carrier, of £12 Customs Clearance fee.

So to precis, without going into specific numbers, you'll have to budget for shipping, customs clearance fee, plus a minimum of 22.2% VAT and Duty on purchase price - which is declared on the customs paperwork, and is intrinsic to the level of insurance whilst in transit.

Sounds a little forbidding, but it isn't really when you're dealing with people who know what they're doing, Matt and his team are such a crew. They've got it down to pat.

Hope that helps? I've just read it back, and I don't understand a bloody word of it.....:laugh2::laugh2:

haha that makes sense, thanks! Quite a hefty whack on top the higher up you go!