• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Banker Handcrafted Guitars - The Midnight Special.

CBRmatt600

I’m so glad you are enjoying it Paul, thanks for the kind words. There aren’t many of those Damascus guitars out there, but they are my favorites. They all have a very unique sound and cover a lot of ground well.

ive actually got this one going now for a client, mahogany topped with curly redwood. Solid Cocobolo and Rosewood neck with P90s and Damascus hardware.

5D1042FB-EE23-43FA-B0A1-A51C66DE328E.jpg

CFFDF3D1-662D-4B23-8419-ABCD6032D0E1.jpg

Last edited:

ourmaninthenorth

I’m so glad you are enjoying it Paul, thanks for the kind words. There aren’t many of those Damascus guitars out there, but they are my favorites. They all have a very unique sound and cover a lot of ground well.

Cheers Matt.

Great guitars make kind words easy.

Thanks for being a perfect Gentleman throughout.

:salude:salude

Pellman73

ive actually got this one going now for a client, mahogany topped with curly redwood. Solid Cocobolo and Rosewood neck with P90s and Damascus hardware.

5D1042FB-EE23-43FA-B0A1-A51C66DE328E.jpg

CFFDF3D1-662D-4B23-8419-ABCD6032D0E1.jpg

Dude your powers... they seem to only get stronger!

The quality and quality of stuff thats coming out of that little shack of yours is pretty mind blowing

For the rest of you, go take a look at mrbankercustomguitar instagram page

I would say a good portion of the absolute best and most exciting guitarists on the planet right now are rocking Matts stuff on stage

Markus King is straight out of the same stuff that brought the world people like the Allman brothers, Dickey, Skynyrd, Derek Trucks (yes same as allmans) he is the real deal evolution of southern soul rock

Brent Hinds from Mastodon?

Matt show em that pic of him with the Demon (if you like)

Matt made this badass dude this incredible ... shit I don't even know -- its like a reverse firebird (matt correct me if I"m wrong) but matt's own design

one pickup! Kill switch ! Mastery trem

Its very hard, I am sure, to make a guitar that is original, that does not look derivative these days but I think this one is like that

hell I never noticed the bridge pup has a three way switch to split it. look at you doing 'lectronics and shit!

It has this crazy wood pattern that looks like demon eyes at the top. Its just so damn cool.

sorry matt just wanted to brag on ya!

CBRmatt600

Haha thanks man! OCD and rugged determination go a long way...

Here is Brent’s guitar. Sinker mahogany and Redwood with a humbucker that is split three ways on a CRL blade switch. Single north coil, parallel coil, series coil. It’s got a cool push button momentary kill switch as well.

1F02DB7A-7967-4E55-A5BB-45BC091E544B.jpg

2CF1CC5A-9BCB-4E3B-8022-5DAF02DE5302.jpg

Marcus has a few of them, he’s on the V kick at the moment. Well, both of us are actually, haha. This is a sinker/black walnut neck thru that I did for him:

1D340C74-7FE7-4790-A05E-93A62734CECE.jpg

And his current Korina fixation...

CBRmatt600

thanks Matt

I just watched that video of Marcus again after I posted it. He is just unbelievable. The way he attacks notes like a hammer and has such a powerful sound, and then throws that mellow wah tone in for the solo. Without a doubt, he is gonna be one of the greatest players ever. Hell he already is. It is an amazing thing to witness.

J T

Wow that is one beautiful guitar.

That Damascus steel looks like wood grain. Cool!

CBRmatt600

Wow that is one beautiful guitar.

That Damascus steel looks like wood grain. Cool!

I’m no scientist, but I believe it really adds a unique tonal quality to these instruments. It is an extremely dense, resonant steel bridge and adds a sweet, singing sustain.

renderit

Very nice shot! I really like that one.

Me too! That is an AWESOME setup.

Bet it has TONEZ and GREEZES.

I would wrap my cord with
bacon and add only an Origin Effects Revival Drive and Cali76 and declare dinner in the UK...

ourmaninthenorth

Me too! That is an AWESOME setup.

Bet it has TONEZ and GREEZES.

I would wrap my cord with
bacon and add only an Origin Effects Revival Drive and Cali76 and declare dinner in the UK...

The Revival Drive is on the shortest of short lists...I think they're utterly superb...a little rich for me at the moment in all candour, but definitely a target.

I also have a great fondness for Pete Cornish gear, and also intend to ask Stu Castledine of this very place if he can build me one of his Rams Head's. I just love his work.

I'd almost forgotten how much fun it is getting these little rigs together. I'm having an absolute ball.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

renderit

The Revival Drive is on the shortest of short lists...I think they're utterly superb...a little rich for me at the moment in all candour, but definitely a target.

I also have a great fondness for Pete Cornish gear, and also intend to ask Stu Castledine of this very place if he can build me one of his Rams Head's. I just love his work.

I'd almost forgotten how much fun it is getting these little rigs together. I'm having an absolute ball.

:biggrin:

Boy, that sound takes me back to the late 60's!