• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

International one-way airline travel -- Protector or reissue?

dnabbet2

Hi all

I always fly with a guitar.

if the guitar is the only item i take onboard - 99% of the times there are no issues.

if they give me issues its usually an extra $50-70 bucks for the guitar,
but you can always add a MUSICAL INSTRUMENT when checking in online,
and less.

hope this helps!

I've been flying Turkish Airlines a lot because of my particular routes, and they're generally very good: like a lot of airlines they do have "special" baggage arrangements for sporting goods ... but not for musical instruments.

And to get the guitar into the cabin, you have to get it through check-in as well as past the crew handling boarding.

Check-in staff have been very helpful. They do understand a musical instrument is as important as a snowboard -- or baby-stroller, come to that -- and it's been suggested I call my Les Paul a golf bag. But musicians need to nag airlines for inclusion.

AlsoNstev

I always take the guitar with me when traveling by plane, and I have no problems.

MillisJonny

Although, many people believe that roundtrip flights are much cheaper due to booking tickets in more quantity. All you need to do is choose from our wide variety of deals and offers as per your travel plans and book your one-way international flights with ease to avail of the offers at discounted airfares, and you can save huge. No matter which part of the world you are planning on traveling to, our cheapest deals are here to cover you with the best possible rates of one-way international flights natureswonderlandsafaris.com.Traveling is a fantastic experience, and the more you explore, the deeper your interest can get.

Last edited: