• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Freddie King Guitar

zoommutt

Somebody who works at Memphis told me a story of them building this guitar. They built 200. When they first started building them, they were psyched. They would be so pumped to build them, they would play Freddie's music during building and it was great. For the first 100. Then he said they got bored after that. They started getting sick of making the guitars. One sunny day they wanted to play baseball. They had no bats. They used a Freddie King guitar as a BAT!!!!. They realized they had no bases. Yup. You know what they did he says They used 4 fresh Freddie King guitars (still wet with paint)as bases. AS BASES!!! Why do haters got to hate? I'd still buy one.

deytookerjaabs

Damn, I wish I'd known that before buying mine. I reckon' at #130 it's got extra road worn mojo from being a baseball bat...and with the size of the neck it's a damn Louisville Slugger at that so I'm sure it handled the job with grace.

zoommutt

I'm sorry to lay that on you :dang

Huh maybe I could take it off your hands...

wmachine

Somebody who works at Memphis told me a story of them building this guitar. They built 200. When they first started building them, they were psyched. They would be so pumped to build them, they would play Freddie's music during building and it was great. For the first 100. Then he said they got bored after that. They started getting sick of making the guitars. One sunny day they wanted to play baseball. They had no bats. They used a Freddie King guitar as a BAT!!!!. They realized they had no bases. Yup. You know what they did he says They used 4 fresh Freddie King guitars (still wet with paint)as bases. AS BASES!!! Why do haters got to hate? I'd still buy one.

Okay, but I'm taking that story with a whole shaker of salt for a number of reasons.

AA00475Bassman

Believe none of what you hear or read & half of what you see !

Disclaimer : What did they do at Louisville slugger when they tired of turning baseball bats ?

deytookerjaabs

I'm sorry to lay that on you :dang

Huh maybe I could take it off your hands...

Well, the burden might be a bit much for me to just hand it off. I'm afraid since Memphis has closed down and all I'm not saying for sure one way or the other but Freddie could be haunted. :ghost:

zoommutt

I apologize to the Les Paul Forum for my wicked ways. But mostly to Freddie King and his guitar. I LOVE YOU MAN!

I'll try to do better next April 1..

Enjoy April everybody.

zoommutt

No renderit,don't try to save this thread. It's over. I'm am a loyal member of LPF and I know sometimes you must go down with your thread. Seeing it drop is no fun till it gets to search level, but it must happen. Thank you,you crazy renderit and your fonts.