• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

POINT BLANK, JUNE 24, 1980, WASHINGTON, D.C.

marshall1987

Anyone ever get a chance to see Point Black. I caught their show in Abilene, Texas during the summer of 1980. Those guys destroyed the Taylor County Coliseum.

<iframe width="797" height="598" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1XXqnca0nsc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

marshall1987

Looks and sounds like a shit load of cocaine :teeth

Why does it always have to be drugs? You ever seen videos of Mr. Les Paul playing his guitar with Mary Ford back in the 1950s and '60s? Or Roy Clark? That's the definition of speed guitar playing....and no drugs either.:dang

Perhaps Point Blank got inspiration from Les Paul and the other great grandfathers of electric guitar?:dude:

Pat Boyack

Why does it always have to be drugs? You ever seen videos of Mr. Les Paul playing his guitar with Mary Ford back in the 1950s and '60s? Or Roy Clark? That's the definition of speed guitar playing....and no drugs either.:dang

Perhaps Point Blank got inspiration from Les Paul and the other great grandfathers of electric guitar?:dude:

LMAO

You are a cute kid.

zacknorton

Ummmm why does it have to be drugs?

Did you look at the video???

The tempo is pretty much a dead giveaway.

f a s t!!!! And furious

johnnyslim

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Point Blank a Texas band (Dallas or Ft. Worth)? I lived in the Dallas area for 28 years. Regardless, yes, I have seen Point Blank and they were a solid rock band. Rusty Burns on guitar? Was their big song "Nicole"?

Pat Boyack

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Point Blank a Texas band (Dallas or Ft. Worth)? I lived in the Dallas area for 28 years. Regardless, yes, I have seen Point Blank and they were a solid rock band. Rusty Burns on guitar? Was their big song "Nicole"?

Yes on all counts.