• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Diamond JUBILEE SG Special

Does anyone know anything about Gibson Diamond Jubilee guitars. I’m looking at an SG Special that is listed as a 1969/1970. I can’t find much information on this guitar or the Diamond Jubilee guitars in general. The “Diamond” anniversary is usually 60 years which I can’t figure out why on a 1970 Gibson. Any information, especially on specs and collectability, is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Grog

Re: Diamond JUBILEE SG Soecial

Other than an extra hang tag, I don't think that there were any special features on any of the '69 guitars like there were on other anniversary models. Hard to believe that it's been 50 years!

CylHusDh.jpg

Re: Diamond JUBILEE SG Soecial

Other than an extra hang tag, I don't think that there were any special features on any of the '69 guitars like there were on other anniversary models. Hard to believe that it's been 50 years!

CylHusDh.jpg

Thanks. Basically, that is all the seller has is the hang tag. The guitar is in great shape.