• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

HELP - Grain filler problem

magicGrailLog

HELP HELP HELP ...I ran into a dilemma with my pore filler wherein the filler in the pores is still light grey colored, even after 2 clear vinyl coats & 3 clear lacquer coats, & drying 1 day before each coat. I colored my pore filler with minwax oil-based dark brown stain before applying it. I'm using the Cardinal mahogany oil based pore filler. I also let the filler dry a week before applying a 2nd coat of filler, then dried it for another week, then sanded it down & air blew it & lightly wiped it with naphtha. Before I started the vinyl seal I sprayed it with naphtha & all the pores we're a nice dark brown, but after the naphtha flashed off a second later, the pores turned light gray again. I'll attach a pic later.