• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Barry Bailey's pancake LP

marshall1987

That's one of those '70s Les Paul Customs w/ a maple fingerboard. I think the neck was still mahogany, but I may be mistaken.

Barry Bailey w/ ARS. Taylor County Coliseum Texas, c 1979. One hell of a guitar player!

marshall1987

The guitar on the video is a bolt-neck. Check 2:23.

Bob

You're right. I hadn't noticed that. Given the video is lip-synced and not live, I'll wager that guitar is a cheap prop provided to Barry for the taping. :dang

I don't ever recall seeing a photo, a video, or live concert where he used a guitar like that. He favored his trusty 1969 Les Paul Deluxe.

Bob Womack

You're right. I hadn't noticed that. Given the video is lip-synced and not live, I'll wager that guitar is a cheap prop provided to Barry for the taping. :dang

I don't ever recall seeing a photo, a video, or live concert where he used a guitar like that. He favored his trusty 1969 Les Paul Deluxe.
Seeing that made me wonder who made it? Univox? Electra? :biggrin:

Bob

Curious Mike

I was fixated on the layers thinking it must be a pancake layer, didn't even notice the bolt on neck. Mainly the color of the fretboard looked like maple...