• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Ordering bare knuckle pickups for LP - double cream or double white?

Patek

I want to put a set of miracle man pickups in my R9, and I’ll go for double whites

but looking at pics of LPs they look more like cream. I don’t want to contrast the look with gleaming white bobbins on true historic surrounds and pickguard, so should I go for double creams ?

Thanks team!

STC

I want to put a set of miracle man pickups in my R9, and I’ll go for double whites

but looking at pics of LPs they look more like cream. I don’t want to contrast the look with gleaming white bobbins on true historic surrounds and pickguard, so should I go for double creams ?

Thanks team!

Will need a little look at beauty of the burst after work. Off the top of my head, whatever matches the plastics more closely - cream?
Might be worth dropping Tim at BK an email, friends who have dealt with him in the past said he is very helpful.

You changing up your 2019? Not getting on with the unpotted Custom Buckers?

Patek

Will need a little look at beauty of the burst after work. Off the top of my head, whatever matches the plastics more closely - cream?
Might be worth dropping Tim at BK an email, friends who have dealt with him in the past said he is very helpful.

You changing up your 2019? Not getting on with the unpotted Custom Buckers?

Good call ill ask tim

love the custombuckers!!! It’s clear I need 2 les pauls. as I seem to be using the 60th for mostly metal at the moment so I want something super hot, I.e. the miracle mans. But want to keep the look of a normal LP. If I could buy another LP for metal I would but I can’t

problem with unpotted is the moment you go high gain it squeaks. Fine for blues and rock, sounds killer, but for metal they are unsuited

El Gringo

Double cream as the white will not match the pickups rings on the historics

El Gringo

Good call ill ask tim

love the custombuckers!!! It’s clear I need 2 les pauls. as I seem to be using the 60th for mostly metal at the moment so I want something super hot, I.e. the miracle mans. But want to keep the look of a normal LP. If I could buy another LP for metal I would but I can’t

problem with unpotted is the moment you go high gain it squeaks. Fine for blues and rock, sounds killer, but for metal they are unsuited
Exactly and that is why with my Throbak MXV-SLE-101 Plus I request they be wax potted as I have the same issue with my Marshall 2555X which is a high gain amp and I would not have it any other way .

Patek

I went and ordered the double cream

looking forward to posting the result when they arrive and go in!

STC

Exactly and that is why with my Throbak MXV-SLE-101 Plus I request they be wax potted as I have the same issue with my Marshall 2555X which is a high gain amp and I would not have it any other way .

Mind me asking what the guitar is and what the original pickups were?

Been speaking to a few shops here and there is not much clarity on custom bucker specs. One shop saying that they were always unpotted and another saying the opposite, mixed results with a google on it too.

STC

I went and ordered the double cream

looking forward to posting the result when they arrive and go in!

Yeah, let us know how you get on. Only heard good things from my friends who've used them.

El Gringo

Mind me asking what the guitar is and what the original pickups were?

Been speaking to a few shops here and there is not much clarity on custom bucker specs. One shop saying that they were always unpotted and another saying the opposite, mixed results with a google on it too.
My 2014 R9 came with lightly potted Custombuckers

STC

How are the miracle man pickups?

Just noticed that Bare Knuckle do rewinds and wax potting, didn't know that.