• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Slide setup advice on a wrap around LP DC bridge.

Jennings

I play slide on an LP Junior double cut. When I got it I swapped out the nut and made a raised bone affair, with non-radiused (flat) string slots. However I'm still using a basic stop-tail bar wraparound bridge with the intonation screws. Anyone got a suggestion for a flatter, less radiused bridge solution? Or shall I just swap out the stud tailpiece and use a wraparound with saddles, then file the higher saddles lower too flatten the radius? That would be fairly simple. I prefer the look of the stud type, but it'll be more faff to file that flatter. Can't seem to find a drop-in type solution in my searching so far.

J.D.

Cheapest and easiest way is probably to get an aftermarket badass-style bridge with individually adjustable saddles, and file down the string slots on the middle strings to the desired height.

Jennings

Yeah, I think you might be right J.D...I'd love something more in keeping with the 50s/60s look, but it's driving me nuts so functionality might well win out!

J.D.

I'm not aware of a traditional wrap tailpiece that doesn't have a radius. You could always try to grind one down flat then recrown it but I wouldn't recommend it.

Jennings

I've got a cheap badass type in my parts bin, so I've filed the nut slots ready for next time I string change this week...that'll tide me over. I quite fancy something aluminium as I like the tonality, so might try some experiments in my spare time.