• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Changing ABR-1 saddle screws

Gwimmace

Hello community!

I was wondering if it was possible to change the saddle screws with the c-clips on an ABR-1 with saddle screws that don't have/need the c-clips?

Saddle_Screws_for_ABR-1_Tune-o-matic_Bridges.jpg

If so, does anyone think it would be worth the time?

Curious Mike

Are you confusing the ABR with the Nashville? My Nashville bridges all have the little "C" clips holding the screwsin place, but my ABRs have the little wire over the screws to keep them from falling out if the bridge were to be kicking around in a junk drawer or something...

Gwimmace

Are you confusing the ABR with the Nashville? My Nashville bridges all have the little "C" clips holding the screwsin place, but my ABRs have the little wire over the screws to keep them from falling out if the bridge were to be kicking around in a junk drawer or something...

I also thought they were for Nashville bridges, until I saw this:

https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_an...s_for_Original_ABR-1_Tune-o-matic_Bridge.html

I have a wireless ABR with the c-clips, and if I can get rid of them I will. If I can't, well, I'll leave well enough alone.

It also looks like the flange would be much larger than a c clip, which would give less room for intonation.

Curious Mike

The StwMac link says the screws are for an ABR bridge that "DOES" have the retainer wire.