• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How heavy is your Les Paul

AA00475Bassman

Two Im going to talk about , R4 , R8 I play the most High eight's if not nine . The sound & feel I'm looking for tends to have some heft .

goldtop0

'13 R8 8lb 4oz
'13 R6 8lb 3oz

Have had other Historic LPs over the decades most were around 8.5 or a little above also had a Classic and a Standard long ago......they were reasonably heavy maybe 9-10lbs.

RocknRollShakeUp

93 LP standard 9.8lbs
94 LP Special 7.8 lbs
96 LP Special, not weighed but didn’t feel over 8lbs
2004 LP G0 8.8lbs
2014 WW spec Featherweight goldtop R4 7.86 lbs, about 1.5oz less without that lame selector switch medallion
2014 WW spec Featherweight ebony R7 7.98 lbs, took the medallion off this one too so about 1.5 oz lighter (replaced with the vintage correct plastic one Gibson thoughtfully included)

JSanta

I just grabbed my first Gibson in at least 10 years, which is a 2019 60s Standard in Bourbon Burst. It weighs 9lbs, 15 ounces.

RhinestoneStrat

My 2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio is fully chambered and weighs in at about 7.3 lbs.

w3NExJY.jpg

AA00475Bassman

so a question just out of curiosity - what's the weight of yours? Don't forget to specify make, model and year.
First your Gibberish Quoting Mike is out of line you should be banned for being a dick no SUPER DICK !

Second asking Mike how much his Les Paul weight's and to be Specific now your acting like a ass clown with your 17 post's .........!!!!!!

Third Mike is one of the people whom keep this Forum Rolling you really need to COOL IT You need to regulate your MOUTH ............!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer : You will not be taken seriously , I will not engage you after this !

Billy Porter

First your Gibberish Quoting Mike is out of line you should be banned for being a dick no SUPER DICK !

Second asking Mike how much his Les Paul weight's and to be Specific now your acting like a ass clown with your 17 post's .........!!!!!!

Third Mike is one of the people whom keep this Forum Rolling you really need to COOL IT You need to regulate your MOUTH ............!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer : You will not be taken seriously , I will not engage you after this !

Seems rather a harsh response to a question from a newish member who doesn't know Mike Slub as one of the forum owners nor that he has a large collection of Les Pauls.

I see no undertones in either the response from Mike to the original question Zinouchat nor the question to Mike.

We seem to get this type of response every time newbies ask questions which may have been asked several times before but are still new and valid to them.

Or am I missing something here?

By the way. My 73 LPC weighs 9lbs dead, still too heavy for me nowadays so I alternate with my lighter guitars

Last edited:

AA00475Bassman

Seems rather a harsh response to a question from a newish member who doesn't know Mike Slub as one of the forum owners nor that he has a large collection of Les Pauls.

I see no undertones in either the response from Mike to the original question Zinouchat no the question to Mike.

We seem to get this type of response every time newbies ask questions which may have been asked several times before but are still new and valid to them.

Or am I missing something here?

By the way. My 73 LPC weighs 9lbs dead, still too heavy for me nowadays so I alternate with my lighter guitars
You obviously did not read the crap he inserted Mikes QUOTE !

Billy Porter

Obviously not. What were they ? The strange links ?

This isn't my dogfight. I just can't see what's off.