• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul warranty replacement

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
All I was asking for on here was if anybody had ever experienced anything with Gibson's warranty and potentially how it was resolved.

A friend of mine bought a Custom Shop R0 from our local Guitar Center. It was drastically reduced in price because it had a bad neck [twisted if I recall correctly]. He knew about the issue and was hoping to have it repaired, because he loved the top.
Gibson only offered complete replacement, which meant he had to take whatever they sent him. No chance to select one he liked.

Wow....Maybe you guys just don't understand, both my luthier and Gibson agreed that this was not an easy fix and is not just reslotting a nut or giving it a setup. There's no way that Gibson would've agreed to give me a replacement if there wasn't something seriously wrong.

All I was asking for on here was if anybody had ever experienced anything with Gibson's warranty and potentially how it was resolved.

In starting this thread there's been maybe one or two people who were helpful or at least kind and not condescending, negative and completely misunderstanding the nature of the issue.

Instead of bashing and ridiculing the topic, some actual experiences would've been a lot more helpful

My advice to you is to not worry about it and you are not alone in being attacked. Right now almost in real time is a guy who got slapped around when he asked for input on the lawsuit between Gary Moore and Montrose on a stolen Burst LP. His crime was his font color was not legible. Then, god forbid , he stood up for himself. But move on - You will see mostly really good folks here. Sometimes the ribbing is in fun only. The comments on your typo was just kidding around. There are some really cool dudes here who gladly share their wisdom. You met a couple on this thread. A few of these guys own iconic Les Paul guitars and are well known. I’ve learned a lot here and I usually got really good input when I asked for advice when I bought a vintage LP junior, Collector’s choice models and 74 Les Paul. It’s a great forum.

But, I get get your beef. There is a bully in this forum who attacks and insults for no reason. He basically called you a liar....twice. He’s the self appointed policeman, subject matter expert and drill sergeant who slaps down anyone who says a peep he does not like. Narcissism on steroids. Don’t let the very few loud folks run you off...... a bully in a forum like this is actually ridiculous.

edselman

I’ve nearly left on more than one occasion when I’ve seen the “bully” or bullies in action. I’ve never fallen victim yet. I would also say that there are great people here with outstanding advice and it’s a good place to hang out.

Shocktop99

My advice to you is to not worry about it and you are not alone in being attacked. Right now almost in real time is a guy who got slapped around when he asked for input on the lawsuit between Gary Moore and Montrose on a stolen Burst LP. His crime was his font color was not legible. Then, god forbid , he stood up for himself. But move on - You will see mostly really good folks here. Sometimes the ribbing is in fun only. The comments on your typo was just kidding around. There are some really cool dudes here who gladly share their wisdom. You met a couple on this thread. A few of these guys own iconic Les Paul guitars and are well known. I’ve learned a lot here and I usually got really good input when I asked for advice when I bought a vintage LP junior, Collector’s choice models and 74 Les Paul. It’s a great forum.

But, I get get your beef. There is a bully in this forum who attacks and insults for no reason. He basically called you a liar....twice. He’s the self appointed policeman, subject matter expert and drill sergeant who slaps down anyone who says a peep he does not like. Narcissism on steroids. Don’t let the very few loud folks run you off...... a bully in a forum like this is actually ridiculous.

I feel like if the OP for the Gary Moore and Montrose thread changed his font color without the fuss and such it would have ended there, but his response and following was uncalled for and some from this forum was uncalled for it was one big mess. ( Now my comment was because I was upset about what he said and shot off my mouth like a normally do outside of the forum ) I feel that we were all unprofessional and i do feel bad about what i said but i can't undo whats already done. That's my two cents. Thanks...