• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Marshall Studio Vintage - Any Reviews?

CatManDoo88

Cliff, any recommended settings yourself or advice for getting the most out of the JTM1c? Always happy to learn from the experienced posters around here.

Cliff Gress

Thx Catmandoo88. I have had limited time with the amp. Just been setting tone and vol at 7 until I get more time with it.

Last edited:

The Guitar Hunter

hey all, I just picked up a SV20C and I love it. I had a Tone King Gremlin which was awesome, but I wanted a little more amp. The Gremlin is a 5w amp with a built in attenuator so you can really crank it and bedroom levels and even bedroom levels with a child sleeping in the next room. I loved the idea of getting those classic plexi tones within my apartment and this amp has lived up to my expectations and more.

I did get a Tone King Ironman II (it can go down to -38db) with the SV20C so I can play it at either 5 or 20w and still get some good sounds. I highly recommend the amp and this specific attenuator.

Cliff Gress

I recently purchased the SV20 head. So far it's been lots of fun. Steve try using the normal low sensitivity input and jump the other channel, even more tones.

No kids here!