• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Chasing the Peter Green tone

Ramon Goose

Mojo pickups kindly made me a set of his new 'reverse wind'(neck) pickups to acheive the classic Peter Green tone - the solo in the middle is on the 'neck' pos. then the rest is back in the 'in-between' pos. Let me know what you guys think of the tone????? the neck pickup was actually a 7.6k and the bridge is 8.2k Guitar set-up: ESP Navigator N-LP with Mojo Pickups with a Peter Green reverse winding through a filmosound amplifier and a Free The Tone OD Pedal - speaker is a Celestion 'Type - A' Song: An unreleased original demo called 'Why' I recorded in my home studio Video: Donyale Luna, London circa 1967

Triplet

Mojo pickups kindly made me a set of his new 'reverse wind'(neck) pickups to acheive the classic Peter Green tone - the solo in the middle is on the 'neck' pos. then the rest is back in the 'in-between' pos. Let me know what you guys think of the tone????? the neck pickup was actually a 7.6k and the bridge is 8.2k Guitar set-up: ESP Navigator N-LP with Mojo Pickups with a Peter Green reverse winding through a filmosound amplifier and a Free The Tone OD Pedal - speaker is a Celestion 'Type - A' Song: An unreleased original demo called 'Why' I recorded in my home studio Video: Donyale Luna, London circa 1967

Hmm, nice tune and playing. I think I might have reversed the neck and OOP parts. I also think the OOP needs to be a tad softer, less OD, maybe with a touch of the reverb you used on the solo. But I am NITPICKING. It's fine the way it is. :yah

Ramon Goose

Hmm, nice tune and playing. I think I might have reversed the neck and OOP parts. I also think the OOP needs to be a tad softer, less OD, maybe with a touch of the reverb you used on the solo. But I am NITPICKING. It's fine the way it is. :yah

Many thanks indeed - always great to get opinions!