The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

American Woman Tone.... Bartlett Replica

A song about an American played by Canadians played by an American with a Canadian replica... One of the best solos of all time!... After all these years decided to learn how to play it... 2018 Bartlett Les Paul Replica, '50s PAFs, Tailpiece, Centralabs and Bees.... Woman tone! (neck tone on zero)... Early '80s Fender Deluxe II...

Climb down off the hilltop... Get back in the race.
    Allman Brothers Tribute Band http://www.seventurns.net/

Les Paul Forum Member marshall1987's Avatar
    Feuding With "Devil Anse" Hatfield on the Tug Fork

Re: American Woman Tone.... Bartlett Replica

Love it! Great song and a beautiful guitar! I can only imagine how sweet that guitar must play and sound.

I remember back in high school around 1969 when the Guess Who came out with their first few Top-10 AM radio hits. American Woman was right up there along with "No Time", and a couple others. They crushed AM radio with their first few hits.

Take a look at this video from Don Kirshner's Rock Concert from 1974. By then they have replaced the original guitar players with a new guy Domenic Troiano, also from Canada. This old concert video just kicks ass IMO.

The Guess Who
    Don Kershners Rock Concert
    Taped at the Hofstra Playhouse at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y.
    December 23, 1974

"Scan not a friend under a microscopic glass; you know his faults so let his foibles pass".

Sir Frank Crisp
    Friar Park
    London, England

Re: American Woman Tone.... Bartlett Replica

Quote Originally Posted by marshall1987 View Post
    Love it! Great song and a beautiful guitar! I can only imagine how sweet that guitar must play and sound.

I remember back in high school around 1969 when the Guess Who came out with their first few Top-10 AM radio hits. American Woman was right up there along with "No Time", and a couple others. They crushed AM radio with their first few hits.

Take a look at this video from Don Kirshner's Rock Concert from 1974. By then they have replaced the original guitar players with a new guy Domenic Troiano, also from Canada. This old concert video just kicks ass IMO.

The Guess Who
    Don Kershners Rock Concert
    Taped at the Hofstra Playhouse at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y.
    December 23, 1974

Cool video, never saw it!... Great voice and some tasty guitar playin... although The Guess Who without Bachman is just wrong!
    Climb down off the hilltop... Get back in the race.
    Allman Brothers Tribute Band http://www.seventurns.net/